cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

25 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Watched it here in Singapore last night, a refreshing superhero origin story which has a lot of heart + humour. My theater ate it up.

Hope it has good legs.

One line was unneccessary though,  WB should remove it and get it shown in China...

Or the Chinese Government can stop being so sensitive. 🤷‍♂️ 

I'm seeing the movie now!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Now I’m curious 

What is the allegedly objectionble line?

If it is something critical of the CCP and Xi, WB should NOT remove it. I am sick and tired of studios kissing the butt of the CCP just to get a China release for their movies.

I don't like authoratarin dictatorships; so shoot me.

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Or the Chinese Government can stop being so sensitive. 🤷‍♂️ 

I'm seeing the movie now!

Hey, ruthless Authoratarian dictatorships tend to be sensitive. And I challange anybody to show that is not what the current regime in China is.

My main movie group wants to go watch this movie, while they declined a trip to the Flash 2 months ago. Both decisions were made due to a Rotten Tomato score. 

God, I come before you here today. Humble and Humiliated. To ask you for one thing: Please Kill Rotten Tomatoes. 

Absolute Nimrod on Twitter: "@parkerlucks we are all collectively topher  grace https://t.co/q5GsA6X0xm" / X

• Like 1
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 2

RT at this point is just one thing I look at,  it's not THE thing.  I want to hear what friends and family think or what some trusted members here think,  I want to see what the cinemascore is or what the postrak numbers are or what the verified audience scores are.  Critic reviews are just a small piece of the pie. 

But that's for movies I'm on the fence about.  

• Like 2

Just got back from it. It passed the time but BB just reinforced that the genre overall has to vastly improve. It was as if DC threw Iron Man, Spider-Man:Homecoming, Venom, Ms. Marvel into an AI blender and last minute threw way too much DC lore in the mix and poof came out Blue Beetle. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

48 minutes ago, Megajohn01 said:

Just got back from it. It passed the time but BB just reinforced that the genre overall has to vastly improve. It was as if DC threw Iron Man, Spider-Man:Homecoming, Venom, Ms. Marvel into an AI blender and last minute threw way too much DC lore in the mix and poof came out Blue Beetle. 

Damn I might go see this a bit sooner

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Damn I might go see this a bit sooner

If you think my commentary is praise for the film, it ain’t. 😂😂😂😂 but if you go watch it, go in with extremely low expectations. Just expect a generic and coherent film. Like a lukewarm hot dog at a late night store.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Megajohn01 said:

If you think my commentary is praise for the film, it ain’t. 😂😂😂😂 but if you go watch it, go in with extremely low expectations. Just expect a generic and coherent film. Like a lukewarm hot dog at a late night store.

I love Ms. Marvel and Venom and I’m decently versed in DC lore, so I’ll take it lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HummingLemon said:

Why is there no verified RT audience score for this yet? It's like 10 pm on the east coast, showtimes started like 7 hours ago

Yeah, I don't get that , there's at least 60 Verified Audience reviews there and +100 on All Audience 

Hoping this is leggy and manages to stretch to a $35m OW.

I have no idea what to expect overseas. Domestically I'm predicting $34m OW, and overall $115m domestic.

$250m worldwide would be okay, for a movie that was supposed to be released direct to streaming and had no marketing.