cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

Wow from $12M - $17M to $30M is a success! Imagine if this does better than Shazam, maybe not in OW but it could in the overall DOM/WW box office, honestly the film is good and since it's part of the new DCU people could be interested unlike Shazam that was deadweight by now and a boring/generic film, and tbh Blue Beetle is more cooler/interesting than Shazam as a character. 

14 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Trending upward! Nice! Reviews are going to make or break this film for sure!

This will need VERY good WOM resulting in good legs not to be a big bomb. I hope it gets that, but it's gonna be extremely tough.

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Would it be a controversial observation to say that Snyder’s endorsement was a big shot in the arm for this movie’s buzz? 

If they can get a James Cameron endorsement next, we could be talking $40m+ here… :ohmygod:

Barbiemania could impact this movie. I know counterprograming and all that, but there is a chance Barbie could have a bigger weekend when Beetle opens.

WB is of course ecstatic about Barbie, but I imagine they want to make their money back for BB, it has to open #1 that weekend to make headlines and news articles.

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Barbiemania could impact this movie. I know counterprograming and all that, but there is a chance Barbie could have a bigger weekend when Beetle opens.

WB is of course ecstatic about Barbie, but I imagine they want to make their money back for BB, it has to open #1 that weekend to make headlines and news articles.

WB should create their own mini Barbenheimer with Pinkblue Double Features

• Like 2