cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Reshoots/pick-ups are a normal aspect of studio filmmaking. With that said, it seems pretty reasonable to say that this movie is undergoing more extensive reshoots compared to the norm, but that’s not necessarily a sign that the final product will fare poorly. The fact that they delayed it to 2025 would suggest that they’re taking their time. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

Most MCU films have had some level of reshoots. So can we PLEASE wait for a trailer

The amount of people who are not aware how many MCU films have had reshoots and how most of the time the movie turned out just fine. Yes recent history is not on their side but yeah let's wait until the actual marketing starts.  I assume the first trailer will drop no later than October with Venom 3.

Edited by emoviefan

The movie has a bold concept, which is essentially the new Captain America x the new President of the United States. Some of the questions in the test screenings were exactly about the political aspects of the plot.

Anyways, thematically, the film has the perfect domestic release date.

8 minutes ago, Durden said:

The movie has a bold concept, which is essentially the new Captain America x the new President of the United States. Some of the questions in the test screenings were exactly about the political aspects of the plot.

Well Harrison Ford is only a few months older than the person I hope is president when this comes out. 

• Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

The amount of people who are not aware how many MCU films have had reshoots and how most of the time the movie turned out just fine. Yes recent history is not on their side but yeah let's wait until the actual marketing starts.  I assume the first trailer will drop no later than October with Venom 3.

I imagine they’d like to get a teaser with Deadpool for the most possible eyeballs. Think they should consider a Red Hulk tease but can see them waiting for trailer 2 for some odd nonsensical reason.

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

I imagine they’d like to get a teaser with Deadpool for the most possible eyeballs. Think they should consider a Red Hulk tease but can see them waiting for trailer 2 for some odd nonsensical reason.

It's possible if they want to start the marketing that early and if they feel they have the goods to get some positive buzz going.

On 6/1/2024 at 2:07 AM, thajdikt said:

“Despite reports of multiple reshoots on the movie, so far this is the only one. It does not appear to be as extensive as the reshoots that faced Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which lasted six weeks, nor the expensive and extensive reshoots endured by The Marvels.”

All the panic and unnecessary discourse about 6 month reshoots lmao. Scoopers are annoying and sick of people always believing them. This movie has already enough of an uphill battle from racists 

I cant describe how much I hate Mthhs 

she is a scammer

8 hours ago, Durden said:

What exactly are you referring to? Cuz some plot leaks were totally fake

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, cinema pal said:

What exactly are you referring to? Cuz some plot leaks were totally fake

How do you know anything is "fake"...until we've seen the movie??  And even then...they obviously change things along the way.  The hair change of a character above says it all...

But mostly came here just to say...  Don't tell me Tim Blake-Nelson's character is getting shafted *again*??!!  He waits 15 years for his comeback...and now they're adding "another villain"... 🤣

Edited by Macleod

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

How do you know anything is "fake"...until we've seen the movie??  And even then...they obviously change things along the way.  The hair change of a character above says it all...

Because it contradicted basic information we know so far?

Like there was no mention of "Isaiah Bradley triggered by music" scene. No mention of serpent society, just Seth Rollins as some random prisoner. A lot of "it was confusing", "i didn't know what was going on", "didn't catch his/her name" to avoid any specifics about charecters and plot details. 

26 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I have a feeling the fake leaks hes referring to are the ones that claimed that the movie is "anti-white/Trump" and only the minority characters do things (including allegedly sidelining Moon Knight because he's white...who's actor is not white). It's clearly garbage.

Speaking of Moon Knight though, the writer of the reshot scenes is from the Moon Knight crew...if the series his character is planned to appear in is a second season of Moon Knight, Esposito might be Bushman.

we might never see this film, if bad things happen in November.

And I am really really afraid that Trump will try to shut down any cirticism or oppostion to him. Welcome to Civil War 2.

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, dudalb said:

we might never see this film, if bad things happen in November.

And I am really really afraid that Trump will try to shut down any cirticism or oppostion to him. Welcome to Civil War 2.

I don't see how he'd be able to stop it's release even if he remotely had a reason to.

7 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Does anybody have an early OW/DOM prediction for this? Me I'm thinking like 50/125 ish

Very hard to predict without any marketing (which I now realize could start with the release of D&W unless they feel the re-shoots will give them some of their bigger money shots for this) but for the time being, $65-80m OW (which puts the high end for the Holiday at $90m or so). This does give a wide range for dom total, but high end with Deadpool 1 legs would get it over $200m.

• Like 1