cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

1 hour ago, Mickiland16 said:

$500M yeah but I doubt the budget is less than $200M considering the other MCU movies since 2022, so 400M would be a flop most likely. 

I'm thinking $500M - $600M 

The budget is way more than $200M. It gone through so much reshoots. Budget is reportedly $350 million - $400 million. 

7 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

The budget is way more than $200M. It gone through so much reshoots. Budget is reportedly $350 million - $400 million. 

To be fair, Disney spend so much money because they are trying to save face after The Marvels box office disaster.

If Captain America 4 box office could reach 500M (which I'm not sure it could), Disney will likely be relieved that the MCU brand is recovering.

Edited by Kon

11 minutes ago, Kon said:

To be fair, Disney spend so much money because they are trying to save face after The Marvels box office disaster.

If Captain America 4 box office could reach 500M (which I'm not sure it could), Disney will likely be relieved that the MCU brand is recovering.

Yea I agree I don't think the goal is making $$$ with this film it's drawing back audiences to the MCU. Which means quality is most important for this. I think Ant Man 3 numbers are a good goal for this. 

• Like 1

Honestly I think the trailer looks pretty good. Gives me Winter Soldier vibes, which I think has been missing from Marvel lately.

I’m fully okay with predicting Winter Soldier numbers for this too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

I can make up numbers as well!

It's budget is actually a billion dollars!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I can make up numbers as well!

It's budget is actually a billion dollars!

I'm not making it up it's known throughout the industry that there were many reshoots and that likely ballooned the budget to $300M+.

Just now, Godzilla said:

I'm not making it up it's known throughout the industry that there were many reshoots and that likely ballooned the budget to $300M+.

Probably ballooned it to $2 billion!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Actually, there's a new bill in Congress right now estimating to be around $800 billion that is reserved to make this movie. 

• Haha 4

Looks great. Interest and engagement are strong on X. I see no reason for this to go lower than 600M as long it´s good. Until we have another Marvels, I will still consider that as an outlier. 

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

The good thing is Disney wouldn't care about the budget if the reception is good and bring a good amount of people.

It would be terrible if Captain America 4 box office makes less than 300M WW as The Marvels.

Edited by Kon

The more I watch this trailer and see what a step down almost every element is from the predecessors in this sub-series, the more I’m reminded of “Dark Phoenix”. Just in terms of how this looks and feels.

I’m not seeing what most of y’all are

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

The more I watch this trailer and see what a step down almost every element is from the predecessors in this sub-series, the more I’m reminded of “Dark Phoenix”. Just in terms of how this looks and feels.

I’m not seeing what most of y’all are

No, I guess not

12 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

If by "throughout the industry" you mean "on Twitter". The only reshoots have been the ones in the past month. The "they reshot the whole movie" stuff was never true. Most of the reshoots were action scenes (at least two of which appear in this trailer)

• Like 2