cax16

A Quiet Place: Day One | Paramount | June 28, 2024

Have just seen this. It is obviously bigger than the first two movies in scale, but just like the first two, this still had tension and good scenes in contained settings. Despite featuring the big noisy city of New York, this, like the first two, was about the journey of its lead characters. The visual and sound design were good. There were scenes that I thought were really executed well. There were parts of the direction that I really liked, and there were those that I wasn't very sure about. Quinn and Nyong'o were such amazing actors. They had this tender moment towards the end, and it was beautifully acted. I thought the ending was satisfying enough considering the fact that this was basically just the beginning of the story.

7.5/10.0

• Like 3

Embargo still not lifted? Anyway the local reaction to the movie is quite positive although some complaints mention that the movie isn’t scary enough and the atmosphere or tone building is like World War Z.

I wonder if the lack of PG13 action flick and the bigger action set will push the casual non-horror fans to this movie more than usual.