Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

So Dune will likely top at least 33m+ to at least reach half of the tenet's gross. I believe China is the only East Asia country that have Dune gross over the half of Tenet.  So legendary local connection really helps marketing there.  

Edited by titanic2187

9 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

If your number of Japan total was already 3.4m by Fri, how can it only hit 3.7m by Sunday per total from Box office report list?  

There is an issue in reporting datas from Japan. Dune has got maximum revenue from IMAX so it's reporting is a bit difficult. Shortly, in the afternoon we will get the approx value in Yen and actual by Midnight.

3 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

There is an issue in reporting datas from Japan. Dune has got maximum revenue from IMAX so it's reporting is a bit difficult. Shortly, in the afternoon we will get the approx value in Yen and actual by Midnight.

No estimate reported. Weekend ranking was 7th

Based on this weekend's openings and mostly BR2049 like legs/openings, I am getting 85-90 million for the combined markets of

UK, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, China and Aus/NZ

Other countries that have opened this week, using real Dune openings and BR2049 legs' multipliers may be on track to amass 14.5 million, give or take a million.

Using some average HBOmax day and date like legs of x2.5 I am projecting 100 million for North America. Naturally, there's some margin of error involved in there but we'll know better next weekend.

And, of course, countries that had openings from September through October 17th

seem to be on course to close with some 122 million. Give or take a million.

Grand total would thus be 320 to 330 million. At this point 350 seems quite unlikely. Unless there's some unexpected and unprecedented boost/holdover in China and/or surprisingly good legs in US and other markets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eridani said:

Based on this weekend's openings and mostly BR2049 like legs/openings, I am getting 85-90 million for the combined markets of

UK, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, China and Aus/NZ

Other countries that have opened this week, using real Dune openings and BR2049 legs' multipliers may be on track to amass 14.5 million, give or take a million.

Using some average HBOmax day and date like legs of x2.5 I am projecting 100 million for North America. Naturally, there's some margin of error involved in there but we'll know better next weekend.

And, of course, countries that had openings from September through October 17th

seem to be on course to close with some 122 million. Give or take a million.

Grand total would thus be 320 to 330 million. At this point 350 seems quite unlikely. Unless there's some unexpected and unprecedented boost/holdover in China and/or surprisingly good legs in US and other markets.

Hmmm... I'm trying to figure out where the differences are but Dune is most probably going to hit 350 and the question is more like how much higher it can get.

I think the markets that opened in September had already $122m in the markets you're referring before this weekend and they are not through for sure. Anyhow, I've been tracking almost all markets having potential to make $1m total and some under that too. For the rest, I've used BR2049 as the baseline. Your estimate for the above new international markets of 85-90 might be right but I'm expecting it to hit still 100 and if China gets 50 (40 is probably closer but betting still on Legendary-Wanda push) then 110.

All in all, international without China should hit 220 at least with your new market numbers too and I'm estimating getting closer to 230. Domestic probably gets that 2.5 or more multiplier and over $100m so the low bar should be about:

220+40+100 = 360 which leaves still some room to fail in the new markets or China to be over 350.

On the weekend thread I estimated earlier:

220-230 Int. excl. China

40-50 China

110-130 Dom

370-410 WW depending on legs in the new markets and probabilities skewing to the lower end. After next weekend we can probably narrow it more.

Edited by von Kenni
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How can 7th position suggest great hold? In tandem with $3.7m total reported.

Many new works has opened this weekend. Non-animated film (Imported) hardly has any hold in my country. I have already mentioned that we are ending ¥700M.

Edited by Issac Newton

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Many new works has opened this week. Non-animated film (Imported) hardly has any hold in my country. I have already mentioned that we are ending ¥700M.

But wasn't the mid-week hold suggest a far better than this? $250k average per day and $3.4m running total til Fri. Nothing look like this will do only $300k over the weekend, especially for Japan market.  

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

But wasn't the mid-week hold suggest a far better than this? $250k average per day and $3.4m running total til Fri. Nothing look like this will do only $300k over the weekend, especially for Japan market.  

One speaks 750K /$3.9M for the Weekend. I will wait until the actual drops before drawing any conclusion.

UK looking bright and 2nd weekend still with PLFs until Eternals come on Nov 5th. Legs should be much better than in the US due to solely theatrical release.

South Korea looks good.

Japan looks meh...

China okay, if it breaks 40

Brazil meh

Mexico great.

Australia (Dec 3rd) fingers crossed and hoping for some spice left...