Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

41 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Its Time Adventure GIF by Dune Movie

Oh yeah it finally did it 😎

Taking a look at its gross in the various countries I'm really surprised that Japan was only its 11th largest market (only slightly above the Netherlands), a very disappointing performance from a country that once loved sci-fi...

People are just happy seeing a movie they love doing well after so many catastrophistic  predictions. The movie doesn't need to break box office records left and right to warrant that.

400 is just a nice round number. Nothing wrong with celebrating it

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Quigley said:

Adding more exclamation marks to the thread title isn't gonna make this movie's box-office performance impressive.

The fact that it bothered you enough to comment is.. something to say the least. 

Congrats on $400M box office for Dune Part 1. 

14 hours ago, Mr Roark said:

With the sequel already in the works this “””milestone””” means nothing. Anyway better $401 than $399 but I don’t get why Dune gets weekly international updates while NTTD no. With the latter grossing almost the double.

Yeah I've been thinking about it for a while, in my opinion every film should be updated constantly until their run is over

The total of No Time to Die in fact hasn't been touched since mid-December and I have no doubt that in the meantime it has more or less reached the 780M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

Not sure what happened but BoM reported 691,5m ww gross for dune

Dune - Box Office Mojo

Grosses

DOMESTIC (15.6%)
$107,833,205

WB must have go back and check with their HBO max subscribers if they sign on because of Dune, if so they will go ahead and roll the monthly fees into box office. Way to go WB!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, MG10 said:

They also reported a 570M opening weekend in Israel for King Richard... 😅

:ohmygod:

BOM is a mess. They were underreporting House of Gucci numbers, literally the total was dropping week after week, and they still didn't update its OS gross (passed 100M weeks ago). So this clusterfuck doesn't surprise. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ando said:

The fact that it bothered you enough to comment is.. something to say the least. 

Congrats on $400M box office for Dune Part 1. 

Yes, of course, the train of exclamation marks bother me. Firstly, because I'm a grammar nazi and there is no place for more than one exclamation mark in proper grammar (I will graciously allow up to three). And secondly, because it is a dishonorable attention-seeking tactic. It screams: "I can't attract you with good content, so I'm gonna use disruptive visual cues".

• Like 1