MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

1 minute ago, eeetooki said:

Does anyone feel like people are extra aware of IMAX for Oppenheimer? Like as a Nolan fan I know to always watch his movies in IMAX, even when I was living in a foreign country. But this time around, it feels like people are going extra lengths to make sure they get IMAX tickets. Or it might just be the changing social media scene giving me this illusion.

It has been that way since TDK in 2008. The movie opened to $6M in IMAX on only 94 screens and it pulled off like a 10x multiplier in that format. It was sold out for many weeks in the IMAX format. Ever since then, it seems there has been pretty high demand for IMAX shows with Nolan's movies. 

• Like 1

Just now, hasanahmad said:

Soneone needs to give him a book again because when he is helped content wise with a fellow writer or an adaption it produces his best work. 

Give him a comedy book or something. While I love Dunkirk and will probably love Oppenheimer, I don't want to watch war movies anymore.

5 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hopefully not one of Universal's franchises like James Bond or Jurassic Park. Can't help but think that is what they ultimately want from him in their partnership. 

I cannot imagine any conceivable scenario where does a Jurassic Park film. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It has been that way since TDK in 2008. The movie opened to $6M in IMAX on only 94 screens and it pulled off like a 10x multiplier in that format. It was sold out for many weeks in the IMAX format. Ever since then, it seems there has been pretty high demand for IMAX shows with Nolan's movies. 

I was one of those who saw TDK in IMAX but things were a little different back then. Only a small portion of the movie was filmed with actual IMAX cameras (mostly the panoramic city and tracking shots, part of the opening heist and a few other scattered scenes). So the aspect ratio on the screen would change when switching to and from the IMAX filmed scenes and those IMAX scenes were amazing. This was in Los Angeles so I'm assuming the projection was working as intended. It's certainly easy to understand why Nolan has preferred the format ever since.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I cannot imagine any conceivable scenario where does a Jurassic Park film. 

You would think not. James Bond is the far more likely one of the two, but I don't want him wasting several years of his career on any franchise movies at this point. We have pretty much seen a Nolan style James Bond across many movies from 2006 to now.

We also saw Nolan using Bond stuff with his Batman movies and Inception. It doesn't feel necessary at all for him to work in the Bond franchise at this point. But he's a big fan, so we can't rule it out. 

23 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

Give him a comedy book or something. While I love Dunkirk and will probably love Oppenheimer, I don't want to watch war movies anymore.

Why would he make a comedy? He's not a comedy director. 

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Why would he make a comedy? He's not a comedy director. 

Some versatility would not be a bad thing. You can even do a very dark comedy. Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove is both funny and scary as hell at the same time, dealing with the same very dark nuclear subject we are about to see in Nolan's latest movie.