Eric the Fall Guy

Harold and the Purple Crayon | Sony | August 2, 2024

I don't know why I was under the impression that Zachary Levi was playing the main adult in this and Harold was still a child but in reality, he's actually playing Harold? His career trajectory is quite something lol.

All this time I had been hoping this would be a nice low-key kids movie, but all the delays make a lot more sense now.

I can only assume they got the idea based on the Dora theatrical feature, but this is definitely on the wrong side of the charming/creepy line.

Edited by AniNate

Looks like a contender for the worst movie of 2023. What an insane way to botch such a simple and wonderful idea. Would've loved to have lived in the universe where we got the Spike Jonze version of this (or had someone like Don Hetzfeldt make an animated version).

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Looks like a contender for the worst movie of 2023. What an insane way to botch such a simple and wonderful idea. Would've loved to have lived in the universe where we got the Spike Jonze version of this (or had someone like Don Hetzfeldt make an animated version).

WHAT

I'm gonna guess this purple crayon shit is one of those American things that never crossed over because I've certainly never heard of it. that adam sandler kids movie Bedtime Stories is what the trailer made me think of. I haven't seen Zooey Deschanel in years.