Eric S'ennui

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The good thing is that WB apparently was smart in budgeting this. 

The rumors is that is was cheaper than Part 1 (which already wasn’t super expensive). 

Iirc, the numbers floating was 135-150M for the budget. I really doubt it’ll gross lower than the previous movie without the HBO Max and restrictions factors. 

I’m not sure it’ll grow that much either but i think 150M DOM / 500M WW should happen and this would be great for 135M budget or so.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The good thing is that WB apparently was smart in budgeting this. 

The rumors is that is was cheaper than Part 1 (which already wasn’t super expensive). 

Iirc, the numbers floating was 135-150M for the budget. I really doubt it’ll gross lower than the previous movie without the HBO Max and restrictions factors. 

I’m not sure it’ll grow that much either but i think 150M DOM / 500M WW should happen and this would be great for 135M budget or so.

Considering this one is supposed to be much more action packed I would be surprised if it costs less.  But maybe they were really responsible with the budget.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Considering this one is supposed to be much more action packed I would be surprised if it costs less.  But maybe they were really responsible with the budget.

I suspect the pre production maybe cost way less because a lot of the work when it comes to script, locations, costume designs, VFX previs, visual designs was planned already with the first movie. 

That would explain how the first movie took so long to shoot while Part II moved very quickly to shooting.

I think I remember reading some tweets from DuneInfo’s Twitter earlier this year indicating the budget for Part 2 was about the same or a little higher than Part 1, but I could also see it being lower since a lot of pre-production work happened on Part 1 already, like @ThomasNicole said. 

I suppose it’s possible enough pre-production work was done already that more budget could be allocated to crafting and filming some truly epic scenes that top even Part 1. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Squire

6 hours ago, Belakor said:

Part 3 is already confirmed right? if they follow The Messiah book the budget is going to be insane.

Part 3 will depend on how much money 2 makes. Best Picture Oscar win could also make a difference. 

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm a bit late, but the CCXP panel has begun, and the main cast is present. I wonder if we'll get a new trailer here.

You know for all the shit we give Zaslov and WB. They are  setting up for a pretty nice year in 24.. This,  GVK, Furiosa , Beatlejuice 2 and Boon jung ho's Parasite follow up Mickey One. And no DC movies to f it up.  And maybe in 25 Gunn knock it out the park with Legacy.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm a bit late, but the CCXP panel has begun, and the main cast is present. I wonder if we'll get a new trailer here.

I imagine they are just recycling the panel they would have done at Comic Con if the strikes hadn’t happened. 

The recent trend of so-called fans throwing stuff on stage at famous folks, mostly during concerts in particular, has been a rather unsettling movement, and also one in which it becomes obvious how much polite behavior and social skills have flown out the window these days. That's how we end up with moments like the Cardi B mic throw. Fools have no concept of proper etiquette, or are really just that desperate for attention.

• Like 5