Eric the Fall Guy

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

Mine too.  Part 3 will obviously be Dune Messiah. 

Irony is that Dune Messiah is not really a sequel; it was meant to be the final part of :Dune" but the publisher chose to cut it because of length  and other reasons. After Dune became a huge sucess, it was published sepereately. "CHildren of Dune" was the first actual sequel.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Irony is that Dune Messiah is not really a sequel; it was meant to be the final part of :Dune" but the publisher chose to cut it because of length  and other reasons. After Dune became a huge sucess, it was published sepereately. "CHildren of Dune" was the first actual sequel.

And apparently the director wants to do Arthur Clark's "Rendevous with Rama" after Dune Part 2. So ii might be a while bofore we get Dune Messiah.

I am sure one of the reasons that Warners bankrolled this film was, with the number of Dune novles in print, if "Dune" was a box office sucess they had another long running franchise on their hands.

So I watched the Frank Herbert's Dune Miniseries made for tv. Opened an unopened copy of it my dad never opened and watched. It was pretty nice and got me quite interested in Dune Part 2. I'm ready to experience the awesomeness of certain scenes put to film. I promptly rewatched the current Dune film right after that. There's also a Children of Dune dvd out which I might take a look at too.