LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

"I can see" isn't prediction, just that it is totally possible for this film with even decent WoM. It can behave like how Potter legs in USA were.

I suppose it could but it it seems much more likely it would behave in line with similar products in the same franchise VS a dissimilar product from another.

The MCU hasn’t shown that level of frontloaded-ness even with the numbers reaching astronomical proportions.

• Like 1

Bad reception on a super fan loaded previews/OW look like this:

TLJ add 2.3x True FSS

TROS add 2.45x true FSS   

If GA *hate* it maybe 2x — 50/240/620 super pessimistic 50 scenario

Edited by Eternal Legion
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Bad reception on a super fan loaded previews/OW look like this:

TLJ add 2.3x True FSS

TROS add 2.45x true FSS   

If GA *hate* it maybe 2x — 50/240/620 super pessimistic 50 scenario

Its not about GA hate it but will GA care about it.

I mean most likely it will do normal big movie XMAS legs but I can see it being very frontloaded despite XMAS.

As you said in noon, that may be this is my personal non-excitement clouding my judgement, so let's see.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, peludo said:

Avatar was an original film, not a n-sequel.

Yeah,That's make sense.I reckon that Avatar 2 will be such a super big hype,even same level of Avatar 1.I still remember how Popular was Avatar when is was Released in China,That's just crazy,everybody around me even my grandfather join the hype.(at that time He said to me :"Recently,I heard the incredible America movie called 'Avatti',do you know it?"haha,I still remeber that even I'm 6 years old when Avatar came to China)

Edited by Bruce

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Bruce you are 18?

Quite young for being a Bond fan.

haha,Because I love all Hollywood movie,Marvel,Potter,TLOR,Fast&Furious,Indiana jones,Die Hard,DC....I love them all

007 is classic Hollywood movie series, the movie series is just so famous that everybody at least have heard of it,

As a super fan of Hollywood, I think I have to watch this classic series, if I have never seen James Bond film, I can't call myself as a fan of Hollywood

so I watch so many Bond film when I was a high school student

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScareLol said:

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME PRE-SALES (D-15) - 2.240 tickets sold (35 showtimes on Thursday in 4 theatres) in the first 24 hours 

This is ASTOUNDING. Eternals was the biggest pre-seller in the entire pandemic with 1.748 tickets. In the theatre I always tracked, Far From Home sold 668 tickets and No Way Home is already at 708 tickets sold and EndGame (D-17) was at 1.403 tickets. Amazing numbers nonetheless

Spain 

12 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was saying this to @Eternal Legion today that Endgame & Infinity War hype was for event while NWH is just a gimmick appearances with not much weight other than that. There isn't anything like Thanos is coming, and Earth is gonna have to embrace for that, Avengers vs Thanos hype. All NWH talk is that Tobey and Andrew will appear, there is no big picture after that.

That is why I am not paying much attention to presales being that huge, as me being MCU fan is not feeling much hype.

I do expect this to be absolutely HUGE in previews like many 2000s franchise were. I can see it do like 50M DOM THU for just 225M weekend & 500-550M full run.

I think there is a certain point where it doesn't matter how the hype got started, once it reaches critical mass it's self-sustaining. 

• Like 1

I actually think Civil War is a good comp for this film, it was a very similar situation where one of the stronger solo properties (at the time) was artifically juiced by added elements. Though I expect NWH to be significantly bigger OW unless something goes badly wrong. But I think Civil War legs in Christmas are like 2.8x. Plus Civil War suffered from being not particularly cathartic or satisfying (I loved the film but the way it ended wasn't super GA-friendly). I suspect NWH will be the opposite. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

The movie will explode we already know that, the question is how big....i  have some ideas.....

Will be shocking if it's over Endgame WW or Avatar WW but still missing China on OW to have numbers bigger than IW OW (whereas Endgame OW is just impossible)