LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

40 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Actually it is not about a Chinese film. It is about a terrible propaganda, self-absorb, Nazi-in making awful piece of garbage taking the so-called worldwide champion. I won't complain if it is Hi Mom that taking the slot.   

Box office is box office. In China, there are more patriots than Western Cultured influenced people. But, I do not know where you get this context, when film has not been released in Malaysia

52 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Box office is box office. In China, there are more patriots than Western Cultured influenced people. But, I do not know where you get this context, when film has not been released in Malaysia

Lol, never heard of piracy??  It was right there on the China's website somemore. Bright and clear. Outside of some quite solid production value, the movie is...whatever that I just described  

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

I was discussing with @newbie BO buff this morning. He expects 4K+ shows a day. If all goes well, they can deliver $5M+ weekend.

My tracking currently shows $4.32M, but yes $5M is possible.

And if Spidey can hold on to enough screens, that magical $10M barrier might be in danger after all.

It's a very crowded marketplace, we'll see.

Personally I will have a better idea of how this will go with audience after the premiere screening, Tuesday evening Jakarta time.

• Like 2

Now that we’re starting to get an idea of what audience response will be, I’m making a bold prediction for the non-domestic market….

NWH > IW (accounting for China)

So if China plays NWH, it’ll go over IW ($1.37B). If it doesn’t, it’ll still go over IW - China ($1.01B).

Lets gooooo!!

:ohmyzod:

50 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Officially yes ($992M I believe) but using the BOM numbers it’s $1.01B so I’m going with that lol

No bro, I see $700M INT without China, maybe $800M at best but $1B seems very unlikely.

1 hour ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Officially yes ($992M I believe) but using the BOM numbers it’s $1.01B so I’m going with that lol

When it comes to the grosses in China, Japan and South Korea BoxOfficeMojo is terrible if you want precision, they have problems with the exchange rates and also with tracking films for a long time, for example they tracked Demon Slayer until May but they lost all the following re-releases in Imax, 4k, special edition etc. Same for Weathering With You, or Parasite in South Korea

In the case of Infinity War I remember that it grossed over 370 million in China, but for the site it isn't even at 360M

That said, I think No Way Home will gross at max 800M international, any higher figure is probably nonsense

Edited by MG10

The Numbers is reliable for Chinese Gross in USD. Other than that I do not believe any of the tracking data for Overseas for Asian Films as they never track data for Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, a lot of South American, A part of Europe &Africa well. Also they messed data for domestic....

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Numbers is reliable for Chinese Gross in USD. Other than that I do not believe any of the tracking data for Overseas for Asian Films as they never track data for Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, a lot of South American, A part of Europe &Africa well. Also they messed data for domestic....

The numbers is not reliable. They have the exact same mistaken China figure based on the exact same exchange rate error.

3 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

The numbers is not reliable. They have the exact same mistaken China figure based on the exact same exchange rate error.

Overall, tracking data for Asian Films from BOM &NUM are terrible. Demon Slayer should be $518M but BOM ($472M) &NUM ($503M). I however, correct some figures for Demon Slayer at NUM via their correction. Maybe, they will listen to @charlie Jatinder for correction of Japan and South Korea gross including dom.

• Like 1