LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

2 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

22/05/2019

15 300 000 $ -67.31% 4 55 1 879 300 000 $

This is AEG international cume after 5th weekend and its 5th international weekend is less than NWH's 8th international weekend. I know it's not really realistic because AEG had re-releases in many countries around the world to beat Avatar but if NWH follows AEG's run from there, we could reach almost $1.09B INT 

Top international markets updated (link)

UK - $122.5M

Mexico - $75.1M

South Korea - $62.6M

France - $62.0M

Australia - $56.3M

Brazil - $54.8M

Germany - $46.9M

Russia - $46.4M

India - $36.4M

Japan - $31.7M

Spain - $30.3M

Another couple of territories not in the link are Italy and Indonesia between 25 and 30 million dollars

• Like 1

In Belgium,NWH have a super impressive run,one of the best performence in EU market

NWH only drop 14% from last weekend,overall it's gross €10.44m,5th highest grossing film of all time in Belgium

TOP 10 highest grossing film in Belgium

1.Titanic 18.9m

2.Avatar 15.1m

3.TLK 14m

4.TLOR3 10.9m

5.Spiderman:NWH 10.44m

6.NTTD 10.36m

7.Skyfall 10.3m

8.SW7 9.9m

9.Harry Potter 8  9.9m

10.Pirates of the Caribbean 2  9.6m

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Bruce said:

In Belgium,NWH have a super impressive run,one of the best performence in EU market

NWH only drop 14% from last weekend,overall it's gross €10.44m,5th highest grossing film of all time in Belgium

TOP 10 highest grossing film in Belgium

1.Titanic 18.9m

2.Avatar 15.1m

3.TLK 14m

4.TLOR3 10.9m

5.Spiderman:NWH 10.44m

6.NTTD 10.36m

7.Skyfall 10.3m

8.SW7 9.9m

9.Harry Potter 8  9.9m

10.Pirates of the Caribbean 2  9.6m

Wow no other superhero movie in the top ten, not even Endgame.

That makes NWH's ranking even more impressive. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Any reason why NWH is just killing it in Europe? At least for a comic book movie

Well for example Spider Man is undoubtedly the best known and most appreciated comic book character, while in other continents the various Batman and Superman (or Black Panther in Africa) aren't that far

Another reason could be that the first major adaptation of the character is from 2002, so there is a bigger nostalgia effect than with the MCU, which started in 2008

Then I have to say that the tastes are obviously a little different from the global or North American ones, for example these are the highest grossing superhero films ever (only EU+UK, therefore Russia, Ukraine and Turkey are excluded)

1) Endgame (2019) - 420M

2) No Way Home (2021) - about 350M

3) Infinity War (2018) - 315M

4) Joker (2019) - 290M

5) The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 260M

6) Spider-Man 3 (2007) - 245M

7) The Avengers (2012) - 240M

8)The Dark Knight (2008) - 235M

9) Age of Ultron (2015) - 220M

10) Iron Man 3 (2008) - 200M

Note: movies from 2007 and 2008 were helped by the exchange rates of both euro and pound

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 7:20 PM, MG10 said:

Well for example Spider Man is undoubtedly the best known and most appreciated comic book character, while in other continents the various Batman and Superman (or Black Panther in Africa) aren't that far

Another reason could be that the first major adaptation of the character is from 2002, so there is a bigger nostalgia effect than with the MCU, which started in 2008

I think best known character must be Superman

I don't think there are any people who walk on Earth don't know Superman.He is too famous,and the culture symbol of the United States,like coca-cola.

I am a Marvel fan but we all have to admit that Superman is the most famous person on Earth ,he is more famous than America president.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

4 hours ago, Bruce said:

I think best known character must be Superman

I don't think there are any people who walk on Earth don't know Superman.He is too famous,and the culture symbol of the United States,like coca-cola.

I am a Marvel fan but we all have to admit that Superman is the most famous person on Earth ,he is more famous than America president.

Superman is maybe the best known, but the "more liked" is another different topic.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Older generations know Superman the most but I'm not sure that's still the case among younger people.

both old generation and young generation,from America 's thrive street to Africa poor village,everybody know who Superman is(Spiderman can do that too,but Superman is slightly more famous ),we are talking about fame,not popularity.

80 years history made Superman's name wide spread worldwide

For sure that Spider-man is the most popular Character in this world,but Superman is the most famous Character,That's different

Edited by Bruce

3 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Superman is maybe the best known, but the "more liked" is another different topic.

Yes,I can be sure that Spiderman is the most popular Superhero in this world,Box office can prove that,Many of my classmates really love him,so do I.Peter Parker is one of the most beloved character in this world.

Superman is the most well-known Character,because Superman's popularity is already last 80 years in the entire world,today if some people doing something amazing,people will say"Wow,you are such a Superman"He is already a word which can describe great person,he is the symbol of America,if people think of America,they will think about Superman,Statue of Liberty,Coca-cola...etc

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bruce said:

Yes,I can be sure that Spiderman is the most popular Superhero in this world,Box office can prove that,Many of my classmates really love him,so do I.Peter Parker is one of the most beloved character in this world.

Superman is the most well-known Character,because Superman's popularity is already last 80 years in the entire world,today if some people doing something amazing,people will say"Wow,you are such a Superman"He is already a word which can describe great person,he is the symbol of America,if people think of America,they will think about Superman,Statue of Liberty,Coca-cola...etc

Absolutely agreed. In fact, the word "supermán" is accepted as correct by Spanish Language Academy. It means, of course, "man of superhuman abilities and qualities".