LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

Just now, Issac Newton said:

Will be shocking if it's over Endgame WW or Avatar WW but still missing China on OW to have numbers bigger than IW OW (whereas Endgame OW is just impossible)

I am not talking about ow and i am not thinking bigger WW than endgame or avatar.......i am weighing the chances of a ww total of 2 billion. The chances are better than i would have thought at first but its still early...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I am not talking about ow and i am not thinking bigger WW than endgame or avatar.......i am weighing the chances of a ww total of 2 billion. The chances are better than i would have thought at first but its still early...

2B is already impressive,EG or Avatar is too high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Yeah, But I am saying because, I still think $100M ($150M : max) looks possibly from my country after seeing massive pre-sale overseas. Where as earlier $40M was baseline &$90M was the heights with excellent WOM.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Yeah, But I am saying because, I still think $100M ($150M : max) looks possibly from my country after seeing massive pre-sale overseas. Where as earlier $40M was baseline &$90M was the heights with excellent WOM.

Wow,$150m for Japan is Harry Potter level,I think it's hard,the target is Spider-man(2002)

19 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

3 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Wow,$150m for Japan is Harry Potter level,I think it's hard,the target is Spider-man(2002)

I can’t see $100M. That would be ¥11.3B.

I’d be shocked if it did over ¥8B, but my target is ¥6B.

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Yes, it is but difference in Ticket pricing &E.R. should comfortably help in passing $100M.

Last Biggest S.P.E. was SM:FFH : ¥3.06B ,Marvel was A:EG : ¥6.12B, W.D.S was Star Wars: The Rise of SkyWalker : ¥7.32B 

Just now, Issac Newton said:

Yes, it is but difference in Ticket pricing &E.R. should comfortably help in passing $100M.

Last Biggest S.P.E. was SM:FFH : ¥3.06B ,Marvel was A:EG : ¥6.12B, W.D.S was Star Wars: The Rise of SkyWalker : ¥7.32B 

Star Wars is far more popular than superhero in Japan and Europe

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I can’t see $100M. That would be ¥11.3B.

I’d be shocked if it did over ¥8B, but my target is ¥6B.

The problem is with E.R. : Current E.R. is about 113.14 while Year's highest was 115.41 (Nov 24, 2021) &lowest was 102.72 (Jan 5, 2021). So, you can easily see the film that gross too high in yen are also making loss in USD.

https://celluloidjunkie.com/wire/spider-man-no-way-home-marks-tgvs-biggest-pre-sales-launch-post-mco/

"Just under 48 hours since the opening pre-sales for the highly anticipated “Spider-Man: No Way Home”, TGV Cinemas (Malaysia) has recorded spectacular pre-sales records – the highest ever of pandemic era."

With the impressive pre-sales records, “Spider-Man: No Way Home” has become the highest-grossing release of the pandemic era and is almost on par with Avengers: Endgame.

Edited by Momori
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

$7M Mexico 24 hours 🤐 +40% Endgame. @Carlangonz you think believable?

Other markets to score the best-ever presales in the first full day include the UK, Spain, Brazil and Central America.

UK, at 12 days out from release, was seeing advance sales at three times those of No Time To Die at the same point.

Brazil’s advances are 5% over Endgame at the same point; Poland is showing the best presales since Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker; Portugal passed No Time To Die’s total presales in three days; and Australia and Turkey are on par with Endgame.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-presales-records-international-box-office-1234885077/

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 3