Eric S'ennui

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

$200m ow for Doctor Strange 2, please pass me what ya'll're smoking.

It's the same thing we were smoking when we said NWH 260. Funny how that worked out :Venom:

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

scrapped completely? wut? that's crazy but at this point i do expect it to be lowest grosser among next year's MCU releases. 

Okay maybe scrapping it is off the cards, but all the Letitia shit and the production delays just makes it seem like the movie's a nightmare right now (yes I know bad production doesn't mean a bad movie), and it's not like there's any loose ends at the Wakanda side of things. The first Black Panther ends on a good note, Wakanda has its king back after Endgame and all is happy there. I guess they were planning some big stuff with that Namor dude as the bad guy, but you could probably slot him as like the bad guy in Shang-Chi 2 or whoever.

doing my part with the page count

1. shang chi

2. spider-man

3. eternals

4. venom 2

5. black widow

only liked the first two. mediocre year. 

if i really wanted to bump up the page count i'd mention that i liked zack snyder's justice league and the suicide squad better than any of these. but i won't bring that up yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

So I read the Doctor Strange spoilers and yeah there's nothing there near the level of T&A, not sure if there's anything in there even the level of Goblin though one thing is close. But it can do 150+ based on afterglow from NWH alone.

Bringing Hugh Jackman's Wolverine or bringing back RDJ/Evans (in a few years) is the next big thing they can do to replicate this kind of T&A buzz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if i really wanted to bump up the page count i'd mention that i liked zack snyder's justice league and the suicide squad better than any of these. but i won't bring that up yet.

Let’s hold this thought, but will re-circle back to it as our Ace Card. 

33 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

If NWH ends up doing $700-800 million then I’m willing to bet MoM will make way more money than anybody would have predicted a few months ago. 

Might get yourself in trouble in this one, I might've had 500+ a few months ago :hahaha:

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Still surprised at how good that was

Are Snyder Cut or TSS even that controversial though? I mean I preferred Eternals and Shang-Chi over those, probably will prefer NWH as well, but it's not something I care that much about. Real hot takes would be like JL theatrical over NWH.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

Just now, Menor said:

Are Snyder Cut or TSS even that controversial though? I mean I preferred Eternals and Shang-Chi over those, probably will prefer NWH as well, but it's not something I care that much about. Real hot takes would be like JL theatrical over NWH.

i can't tell if we're still not allowed to ever compare DC movies to Marvel ones which is why i may bring them up eventually or maybe not.

though honestly i just haven't seen the DC crazies around much on this forum anymore. maybe they all ascended to heaven after the snyder cut came out or it's just a signifier that their cinematic universe has truly flopped i do not know.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't tell if we're still not allowed to ever compare DC movies to Marvel ones which is why i may bring them up eventually or maybe not.

it’s still pretty frown upon. 

hence the “let’s not put out that card just yet” response. 

I found this Spidey movie borderline unwatchable. I really can't believe it has done well. WOM should be horrible.  What has happened to peoples tastes?

*(have not actually seen it) 

Doing my bit to bump up the page count.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ok ok

would rank the marvel tv shows too but i didn't finish any of them! Hawkeye i've actually watched all of so far technically but to be honest the last couple episodes have played as background noise for me while i was doing stuff. but what the hell we all love rankings i'll do it anyway

hawkeye so far

the two episodes of falcon/winter soldier i watched

the trailer for loki

the three episodes of wandavision i watched

the trailer for what if

i want to watch hit monkey but it hasn't been released in the UK yet. I watched MODOK and that was ok.

• Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

though honestly i just haven't seen the DC crazies around much on this forum anymore. maybe they all ascended to heaven after the snyder cut came out or it's just a signifier that their cinematic universe has truly flopped i do not know.

Mods like to take credit for fanboy wars ending, but when you look at the numerical landscape ‘twas Kevin who ended the wars 👀

• Like 2

Just now, Weird Alegion said:

Mods like to take credit for fanboy wars ending, but when you look at the numerical landscape ‘twas Kevin who ended the wars 👀

And maybe it will be Jim who revives them? 👀👀👀👀👀👀