Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

Problem is that some just can't separate their opinion of a movie from its box office numbers.Personally I don't care about a movie itself when I'm talking about box office; I just want exciting numbers to follow.Unless it's Twilight, that sh*t needs to go away. :ph34r:

Great for Hunger Games and Mirror MirrorDecent for AR and Wrath of the TitansMeh for Titanic

Titanic had the same increase as the others.

Problem is that some just can't separate their opinion of a movie from its box office numbers.Personally I don't care about a movie itself when I'm talking about box office; I just want exciting numbers to follow.Unless it's THG, that sh*t needs to go away. :ph34r:

Agreed

So Titanic is going to have around a 17 million 3-day weekend, the lowest of any of the rereleases so far, even lower than that of B&TB. Wow! I didn't think it was going to do all that well, but not this low.Great for Hunger Games. 3 weekends at #1. Next week, though, I think Cabin in the Woods may get high teens so it will be close for the battle for #1.

THG as a film was actually quite bad. I get that it has a loyal following with the books, but the film was rushed, uninteresting, amateurish and it was nothing like I heard about based on the story in the books. So yes, this disappoints me that it is doing so well.

THG as a film was actually quite bad. I get that it has a loyal following with the books, but the film was rushed, uninteresting, amateurish and it was nothing like I heard about based on the story in the books. So yes, this disappoints me that it is doing so well.

I agree with this, the book was so much more engaging and better than the movie, which was ok, but could have been so much better. THG is a success because of the book/its fans, not the quality of the movie. Which twilight is most guilty of (success from fans, not quality).

Hey but Jennifer Lawrence did a great job acting. Catching Fire will improve with the quality

I agree with this, the book was so much more engaging and better than the movie, which was ok, but could have been so much better. THG is a success because of the book/its fans, not the quality of the movie. Which twilight is most guilty of (success from fans, not quality).

As much as I agree that THG was disappointing, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was bad. This film could have been a lot worse.

So Titanic is going to have around a 17 million 3-day weekend, the lowest of any of the rereleases so far, even lower than that of B&TB. Wow! I didn't think it was going to do all that well, but not this low.

Spending 3 hours on a movie that`s been played so many times on TV is too much to ask of anyone. WB should think twice before releasing those other 3 hours long flicks or their 5-6 hours long versions. Anyone who expects better result is insane.

Yeah I felt the same way about the movie.

I agree with you as well. The book sold the movie. The movie isn't selling itself.

As much as I agree that THG was disappointing, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was bad. This film could have been a lot worse.

That's a scary thought :P

Yeah, to be honest, I actually just watched Titanic a month ago because it was on TV. It was still amazing to see it on big screen, but since I just saw it on TV so recently some of the scenes in the theater lost their impact. They should have asked for a year-long TV blackout or something.

I guess we'll just have to wait now to see how well it holds next weekend, cause right now, this is a very disappointing number for Titanic.