Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

I wonder if the 3D re-release wave will cease soon. Of course is a great way to make money without high costs, but it's not working like hapenned with Lion King. And I think everybody agree that Titanic and Star Wars are more popular than Lion King.

Titanic will do 3 times more than Star Wars here, when we compare the OW. I hope the same is happening in big markets!I just confirmed and it will do more here on OW than Star Wars 3D did in his entire run :lol:

Edited by CJohn

3D doesn't add much IMO. It's just a gimmick that draws more attention to the fact that I'm watching a movie. I find it undermines the immersiveness of a movie because of that. Give me a great script or solid acting any day over 3D.

That's a straw man argument. Sure, nearly everyone would choose a great script and solid acting over 3D. Similarly, just about everyone would choose a great script and solid acting over a movie being in color. Is that a good argument for not having any movies in color?No, because whether a movie is in color or not shouldn't affect the quality of the script or the acting. It's the same with 3D.

That's a straw man argument. Sure, nearly everyone would choose a great script and solid acting over 3D. Similarly, just about everyone would choose a great script and solid acting over a movie being in color. Is that a good argument for not having any movies in color?No, because whether a movie is in color or not shouldn't affect the quality of the script or the acting. It's the same with 3D.

Not everybody cares for 3D, it does not change their experience at cinema. Plus it cost more to see a movie in 3D.

Posted Image

drop off for AR

HG and 21 Jump, and Titanic stayed level, with the stronger matinee business I think these three all saw minor increases over yesterday.

Edited by B J

I hope these sellouts won't be misleading again like the first Sunday. I'm just hoping for a flat but an increase would be amazing.

That's what I'm thinking. Staying flat would be great too. Most saw it dropping 7-10% today so anything better than that would be encouraging.