Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

OK, so wasn`t there initial rush to get Titanic tickets or something? perhaps they bought tix for Titans by mistake?

Didn't Kal call Titanic 'Titan'? He probably ended up seeing WOTT when he meant to see Titanic.

Dare I say some people are waking up to the reality that most teens and adults don't want to pay 3D prices for a film they've already seen?TLK at least had the hook of parents taking younger kids who may not have watched it already.

I think you can start saying that TLK was an anomaly, as the other releases have paled in comparisson to that film. I'm not sure why so many people wanted to see it in 3D and not BatB, TPM and now Titan. It looks like all three films are going to finish between 40-50 mill domestic. I guess people, most people, aren't keen about dropping 15 bucks down to see a film they already have on DVD and see on TV. I think future 3D rereleases are going to be in question now.

So Titanic is going to have around a 17 million 3-day weekend, the lowest of any of the rereleases so far, even lower than that of B&TB. Wow! I didn't think it was going to do all that well, but not this low.

Apples and oranges. Titanic is a 5-day opener while the others were 3-day.

^Maybe because both BATB and TPM were released on DVD/Blu again in the winter.TLK had been out of print for 7 years.

There has to be something to that.

I think you can start saying that TLK was an anomaly, as the other releases have paled in comparisson to that film. I'm not sure why so many people wanted to see it in 3D and not BatB, TPM and now Titan. It looks like all three films are going to finish between 40-50 mill domestic.

Yep,looks like that`s the case. Like Star Wars OT re-releases in 1997 were anomaly to releases of ET, EXorcist,other classic. One can try to explain in hindsight but cannot forsee what will catch on and what won`t.I think that reports about Titanic sell-outs delluded some of us into thinking there was a demand.

My wife, who loves Titanic, has no interest in seeing it in theaters again. She doesn't get the this whole rereleasing movies thing; even if they're in 3D. I knew she didn't want to see TPM either but she went because she knew that my son and I wanted to see it. It probably would have opened higher than TPM had it stuck to a Friday opening, but not much higher.

Lion King did better because it has more rewatchability factor. Titanic 3D would have done better if they just released the final hour of the film in theaters.

Nonsense. Without the first half Titanic's second half wouldn't be nearly as good.

I don't think the B&TB re-release did bad, considering it only made about 140 million in its initial release. Titanic, though, made almost 5x that amount in its initial release, but is still going to make about the same for its 3D re-release.

I don't think the B&TB re-release did bad, considering it only made about 140 million in its initial release. Titanic, though, made almost 5x that amount in its initial release, but is still going to make about the same for its 3D re-release.

Sorry but that's irrelevant. Either you want to see it or you don't. It doesn't matter how much it made 12 or 20 years ago.

I don't see what's so bad about Titanic's performance. Maybe it's just me, but I for one would rather not waste money seeing a movie that I already have on DVD, and which I just saw two months ago on DVD at that. I'm sure many others would agree that it's a waste of 3 hours and 10 dollars. 3D for Titanic? What's going to "come at us"...the hand on the steamy car window?