Ezen Baklattan

Friday numbers (page 12) THG 12.7-12.9, AR 9.3, Titanic 7.1

Great numbers for The Hunger Games, meh for American Reunion, I guess the cast all coming back wasn't that big of a factor. Pretty disappointing for Titanic 3D, the 5-day will be less than a lot of people's 3-day predictions.

Great for Titanic!Ok maybe not... :PReleasing the movie on a Wednesday was a stupid mistake. Had it opened on Friday, the numbers wouldn't have been stellar... but having it open to $12-$14 million on Friday and keeping up with THG is a lot better than a $7.1 million and 3rd place.Opening on Easter when apparantly everything has a massive drop on Easter is also puzzling.They should have just released it on anniversary weekend... Titanic would have opened to number one and avoided all this negative box-office buzz.

Edited by NYer4Life

I hope this isn't the last time we see the gang back together since it looks the movie is doing great OS. But that number is disappointing. Same with Titanic.Very good for THG.

I don't see what's so bad about Titanic's performance. Maybe it's just me, but I for one would rather not waste money seeing a movie that I already have on DVD, and which I just saw two months ago on DVD at that. I'm sure many others would agree that it's a waste of 3 hours and 10 dollars. 3D for Titanic? What's going to "come at us"...the hand on the steamy car window?

More like the rushing water during the sinking. That's what really stood out to me.

I think the hobbit is going to blow the hinges off 3D, going to make Avatar look like a video game.

Too bad they use 3D on old farting and burping dwarves. Ugliest cast ever. Even occasional hottie can`t save offset 10 fugs.

21 Jump Street's drop is incredible

For sure. But I knew it would stabilize after it's second weekend was kinda harsh due to THG. The film is genuinely hilarious and gets a great crowd reaction/WOM. I wonder how high it can go.... 135, 140m in play? Edited by rockNrollaDIM

More like the rushing water during the sinking. That's what really stood out to me.

The only 3D that really made me go "wow" was at the very end when old Rose drops the necklace in the ocean and it comes flying towards you. I guess I'm opposite of most people who don't really enjoy that sensation.

The only 3D that really made me go "wow" was at the very end when old Rose drops the necklace in the ocean and it comes flying towards you. I guess I'm opposite of most people who don't really enjoy that sensation.

I was genuinly frightened by the height of Titanic`s ass. When J&R were haning on top of it, shit man, I was really scared. Totally felt it. That thing was so huge and the tragedy so unnecessary and preventable. Damn human factor. Edited by fishnets

Really didn't care about the 3D. I went to see Titanic on the big screen again because it was Titanic. I would rather see it in 2D, but in Portugal the movie was exclusively distributed in 3D.

For sure. But I knew it would stabilize after it's second weekend was kinda harsh due to THG. The film is genuinely hilarious and gets a great crowd reaction/WOM. I wonder how high it can go.... 135, 140m in play?

Yeah, but I thought American Reunion would've affected it a bit. That's about as direct competition as it can have.

For sure. But I knew it would stabilize after it's second weekend was kinda harsh due to THG. The film is genuinely hilarious and gets a great crowd reaction/WOM. I wonder how high it can go.... 135, 140m in play?

Summer legs in March/April...it's been such a fun year at the box office so far.

I don't really see how American Reunion is that much of a disappointment...the last film was nearly 9 years ago so it's target audience isn't as aware and it's bringing in those seeking nostalgia. A 24-25 mil opening with 75mil total, probably close to 100m from OS and guaranteed solid DVD sales makes it a success. 31-32 mil is guaranteed for THG and it could go as high as 35 as long as there isn't massive overestimations like there have been for the past 2 weeks.21 Jump Street is set to close as high as 135-140, terrific since most of you predicted around 80 or 90 total.

Edited by JonnyCraig