Tokugennumataka

Weekday Thread (Jan 31-Feb 3)

5 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Right now I’m working with:

2.75 tues-Th 

9.35 wknd

3.1 next weekdays

7.2 SB wknd (759 cume)  

So quite close to what you just said. Same legs as TFA from the M-Sun week give 790 from there but I expect better legs for NWH.

Bigger drop than I would think for this weekend. Your weekdays are only down 9% but your weekend drop is 15%. I’m guessing that’s from new openers? 

Edited by RiddlerXXR

6 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

760 is locked and so is 770. The only question is can it get to 780.

I mean, it's going to be around $750m by Sunday night and will have at least another 4 weeks to run at nearly every theater and likely another 8 weeks at most multiplex theaters.  It will hold a ton of locations until Morbius finally ends its run.  

Will be surprised if this doesn't get to $800m.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Disbelief 2

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have NWH doing $780M till 2nd March. Two things happen then

1. The Batman releases, so direct competition

2. It will be available to stream on 28th Feb

If not for these two, could have made run for $800M, but now seems like $785-790M will be right about it.

is the Feb 28 thing accurate? Seems to have been floating around for a few weeks but no official or credible word.

Its also a Monday which is an odd day to release

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have NWH doing $780M till 2nd March. Two things happen then

1. The Batman releases, so direct competition

2. It will be available to stream on 28th Feb

If not for these two, could have made run for $800M, but now seems like $785-790M will be right about it.

A widely circulated February 28th digital release date for Spider-Man: No Way Home is inaccurate, according to U.S. digital movie store Vudu.

Theaters are re-opening on Feb 7th here for the first time since Dec. 19th and I'm already seeing lots of tickets bought on the cineplex website.

Tickets went on sale 12 hours ago.

I would expect some decent numbers next week coming from Quebec. Lots of demand that couldn't be met at all (theaters closed right after OW)

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Theaters are re-opening on Feb 7th here for the first time since Dec. 19th and I'm already seeing lots of tickets bought on the cineplex website.

Tickets went on sale 12 hours ago.

I would expect some decent numbers next week coming from Quebec. Lots of demand that couldn't be met at all (theaters closed right after OW)

If Canadians cinemas had closed just before the release of NWH, it would not have made $260M but much less and would not be the 2nd biggest OW of all time in DOM but "only" the 4th. Now let's see how much Canada can add after these long weeks of closure ...

Just now, LPLC said:

If Canadians cinemas had closed just before the release of NWH, it would not have made $260M but much less and would not be the 2nd biggest OW of all time in DOM but "only" the 4th. Now let's see how much Canada can add after these long weeks of closure ...

Well just to be clear it's only Quebec, so about a third of Canadian BO

On 2/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, Tokugennumataka said:

Mon - 910k

Tue - 1090k (+20) 

Wed - 820k (-25) 

Thu - 738k (-10) 

Fri - 2.07M (+180) 

Sat - 3.90M (+88) 

Sun - 2.50M (-36) 

Good chance for 8.5M+ this wknd imo. 

With two 3,000+ openers, don't see the Fri jumps being quite as good as last week. Maybe 160/100/-35.