Eric Duncan

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

Finally! It's about time we got some updates on this now that the strikes are over. I'm glad to see the same creative team seemingly return, and considering how well Tails and Knuckles were adapted in I have faith they'll pull off Shadow too, even with the limitations set by that lucrative PG rating. I still don't think they'll quite make that December 2024 date though. I wonder if we'll hear anything at CCXP this weekend.

10 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Finally! It's about time we got some updates on this now that the strikes are over. I'm glad to see the same creative team seemingly return, and considering how well Tails and Knuckles were adapted in I have faith they'll pull off Shadow too, even with the limitations set by that lucrative PG rating. I still don't think they'll quite make that December 2024 date though. I wonder if we'll hear anything at CCXP this weekend.

Why would Shadow need anything more than a PG rating, though? Don't tell me y'all think they should adapt the Shadow the Hedgehog game and have him swear and do guns :gold:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Why would Shadow need anything more than a PG rating, though? Don't tell me y'all think they should adapt the Shadow the Hedgehog game and have him swear and do guns :gold:

I'm referring to his origins more than anything. Especially his desire for vengeance. A major part of his backstory would be pretty difficult to adapt in a PG narrative. I imagine they'll change it to something less visceral that'll still result in the same outcome.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow lose his shit and just mow down GUN's armies with an AK-47 or something.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm referring to his origins more than anything. Especially his desire for vengeance. A major part of his backstory would be pretty difficult to adapt in a PG narrative. I imagine they'll change it to something less visceral that'll still result in the same outcome.

Eh, I think they can handle that in PG, no problem. Hardly would be the first PG film to feature mature themes. Sonic Adventure 2 was pretty kid-friendly and that compassed all of Shadow's backstory.

They likely finished all the background shooting scenes for the Sonic animated characters now. No actors were required.

This film was probably the least affected by the actors strike. Watch James Marsden have like 10 minutes of screen time in this, and fans will be fine with that since they are just here for the cartoon animals anyway.

After this, they likely reboot and do Mario like fully animated films next which will have a much higher ceiling in terms of moneymaking.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Shadow lose his shit and just mow down GUN's armies with an AK-47 or something.

They don’t have to show Maria getting shot or Gerald Robotnik getting executed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Shadow isn't going to be using realistic guns in this, studio would be crucified by parent groups. This movie is aimed at kids and families.

I see Shadow using an unrealistic toy looking laser gun or something lame like that at most.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Spoiler

If he's voiced by Timothee, then yes.

• Haha 1

I don't even think they'll give him a giant fake gun. There's some scenes in I think 06 (Which I have mercifully never played) where he's taking out mooks by simply homing attacking, or running through them after taking off the rings on his wrists (that apparently inhibit his power).

3 hours ago, parkerthegreat said:

Has Carrey's involvement or lack thereof been confirmed yet? Or still up in the air as far as we know?

I don't see why Carrey wouldn't do it. It would be a really easy paycheck for him.

He should at least do a day of shooting as Eggman and hand off the villian role to a new character.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't see why Carrey wouldn't do it. It would be a really easy paycheck for him.

He should at least do a day of shooting as Eggman and hand off the villian role to a new character.

They can even get away with not having him here, as Shadow with the assistance of Stone should be more than enough, especially with the latter character receiving a decent following.