Eric Duncan

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

15 minutes ago, YM! said:

https://deadline.com/2022/08/paramount-updates-release-plans-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-3-smurfs-musical-1235087859/

Interestingly enough, this was supposed to come out February 14th, 2025 but Paramount bumped it up.

they should move it back to valentine's day. i've always said sonic is for lovers.

• Thanks 1

The first 2 Sonics had to deal with crap release dates. This is way better.

Christmas week and the week just before are the best spots of the year, outside of June and July (summer weekdays) in terms of scheduling.

Edited by Mojoguy

There is a potential plot synopsis going around courtesy of Production Weekly. Possible spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

FaQctYxWQAAzf1x?format=jpg&name=900x900

From reading it, I'm getting the impression Fowler and co. (assuming they return) want to bail after this one and want to go all out before they do. This story sounds like a handful, but I have faith this team can pull it off, especially after the second movie.

Do keep in mind though that the movie is still two and a half years away, and has no talent formally attached. Some elements might be written out by the time cameras roll. Also, Production Weekly isn't always correct as they claimed Madame Web would be a Marvel Studios co-production when it really isn't.

• Astonished 1

UPDATE: 

The supposed synopsis was incorrect. And I'm honestly kind of glad. While parts of it sounded exciting, there were characters that don't really fit in with the story the filmmakers teased in the last movie. Again, all we have now is a release date. We'll see what happens after cameras roll.

24 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That sounded like way too many new characters to introduce, especially one very few people would have wanted to see. It was essentially a plot from the 3D gen and the 16-Bit era put together.

You mean Metal Sonic, Amy or Shadow right because they’re dozens of Big The Cat Stans.