Eric the Ape

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | December 20, 2024

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

60/300?

If it's as good as the last movie, I can see this happening. But I'm not sure, with two movies' worth of goodwill and the incredible hook it has, that it'll open that low. Again, if it's good, I'm thinking this opens with at least $80M.

On 2/4/2024 at 1:30 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

If it's as good as the last movie, I can see this happening. But I'm not sure, with two movies' worth of goodwill and the incredible hook it has, that it'll open that low. Again, if it's good, I'm thinking this opens with at least $80M.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:48 AM, Morieris said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Sonic-The-Hedgehog#tab=summary

2 Opened with 14$m more than 1, anything less than 14$m over 2 that will be a surprise to me

Important to keep in mind that Sonic 3 is opening on a pre-Xmas weekend. A portion of what its OW would've been had it opened on a normal weekend will be reallocated to the Xmas/New Year holidays, like many family-targeted December openers.

I actually agree with @Bob Train, at least regarding the OW. I think solely because of this, it opens under 2, but legs out significantly ahead of 2's domestic and WW totals.

Edited by misterpepp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Everyone is taking it as a given that Kristen Ritter must be voicing Rouge, but the idea of the Sonic movie universe having Rouge but not Amy just seems weird to me. 

Counter-argument: furry bait.

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Everyone is taking it as a given that Kristen Ritter must be voicing Rouge, but the idea of the Sonic movie universe having Rouge but not Amy just seems weird to me. 

female Shadow incoming.