CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Okay fine it's copium and there is basically zero precedent for a super bowl spot for an August release but...there's a chance

Nah it happens and the precedent is there. There was at least two in 2019: Scary Stories and Hobbs & Shaw both got spots. After the huge success of Avatar 2 and the sinking ship that is Disney's animation/remakes/Marvel/Star Wars, they'll be going HARD on the Fox properties cause that's where the money is. 

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

Nah it happens and the precedent is there. There was at least two in 2019: Scary Stories and Hobbs & Shaw both got spots. After the huge success of Avatar 2 and the sinking ship that is Disney's animation/remakes/Marvel/Star Wars, they'll be going HARD on the Fox properties cause that's where the money is. 

They're putting their money on the things that have their shit together somewhat (Pixar). And while Alien hasn't had the best track record, the announcement of a new film should at least generate some excitement. 

13 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

It's possible with  even the rumors that two Nov movies might even get spots- Wicked Part 1 and Gladiator 2.  Should not hold our breath on any of them though. 

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Why are all the film sites posting about “Alien film gets a title…” ?

We’ve known it was Romulus since November. 

It's officially confirmed now, at least. Which isn't a major update, but it gives these sites a morsel to report on.

1 minute ago, JWR said:

It's officially confirmed now, at least. Which isn't a major update, but it gives these sites a morsel to report on.

Variety confirmed it in November though? 

Strange. Maybe they all missed the update lol

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/madame-web-star-isabela-merced-1235822831/

"During a recent round of reshoots, Merced and some nearby cast/crew got to watch a significant chunk of the film on Álvarez’s iPad, and one scene in particular prompted everyone but Merced to look away in horror."

“There’s a scene that I’m in, and they all had to turn away. Not one person stayed looking at that iPad because it was so disgusting,” Merced reveals. “And I was watching it like this … (Merced pretends to hold an iPad with a mesmerized look on her face.) I was so excited.”

13 minutes ago, JWR said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/madame-web-star-isabela-merced-1235822831/

"During a recent round of reshoots, Merced and some nearby cast/crew got to watch a significant chunk of the film on Álvarez’s iPad, and one scene in particular prompted everyone but Merced to look away in horror."

“There’s a scene that I’m in, and they all had to turn away. Not one person stayed looking at that iPad because it was so disgusting,” Merced reveals. “And I was watching it like this … (Merced pretends to hold an iPad with a mesmerized look on her face.) I was so excited.”

Damn even the creatives are looking away in horror over what they've made.

• Astonished 2

24 minutes ago, JWR said:

History repeats itself.

D7eERfZXYAAmiac?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Damn even the creatives are looking away in horror over what they've made.

2 hours ago, Eric Creed said:

History repeats itself.

D7eERfZXYAAmiac?format=jpg&name=small

Right on time for the 45th anniversary of the original, no less. 

Sounds like we're in for what could be the most gnarly Alien movie to date.

I love it.