Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Zootopia on Wednesday passed Minions and Star Wars and become №2 all-time movie and Russia and CIS.  1874 mln RUB

Batman Vs Superman started very strong. Around 150 mln RUB or 2.1 mln USD according to our early projections. 

But Zootopia still holding well on 2nd place. 

• Like 8

On 24/03/2016 at 10:27 PM, juni78ukr said:

Zootopia on Wednesday passed Minions and Star Wars and become №2 all-time movie and Russia and CIS.  1874 mln RUB

Batman Vs Superman started very strong. Around 150 mln RUB or 2.1 mln USD according to our early projections. 

But Zootopia still holding well on 2nd place. 

Whaaaattt??? Zootopia ahead of Minions and TFA??? It's really deserved!

Great start for BVS!!!

On 26.03.2016 at 11:31 PM, Quigley said:

So is Zootopia guaranteed to reach 2B rubles?

Zootopia already passed 2 billion rubles on sunday. Only second movie ever to do that! Avatar reached 2B mark too long ago in January 2010.

Zootopia is estimated 2025M rubles after weekend dropping about 30%. Now strong weekdays of school holidays are coming. 2,2B or even 2,3B is in sight.

Batman Vs Superman may even fall short of 1B rubles mark if early projection 540M opening holds.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

How much does a movie ticket cost in Russia, anyways? From what I've read, it's cheap compared to other countries, but that data might be obsolete.

Deadpool's ATP is 261 Ruble.

Zootopia - 255R

Probably a bit higher for BVS.

3 hours ago, Olive said:

Wow, BVS OW only 57% of Deadpool's OW.

Deadpool OW - 941,5 mln RUB or $11.88 mln:o

Deadpool holds OW record. BVS will fall short of march Noah's OW record 606M rubles (95% because OD number still looks underestimated)

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

How much does a movie ticket cost in Russia, anyways? From what I've read, it's cheap compared to other countries, but that data might be obsolete.

As I remember SW7 holds biggest average ticket price in rubles for OW (top5) 329 rubles. And for any weekend (but still in top5) - 345 rubles. It was only about 5$ with that ER.

In dollars the biggest price of OW that I can find is 10,25$ (311 rubles) Life of Pi. Among every weekend in top20 leader is probably fifth weekend of Mission: Impossible. Ghost Protocol - 11,7$ (it was #15 then). While searching it i found many examples of weekends above 9$. Here are only openings. That's not all for sure.

9,75$ (295 rubles) Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

9,6$ (295 rubles) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

9,35$ (307 rubles) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 

9,2$ (300 rubles) 47 Ronin

9,15$ (256 rubles) Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

9,05$ (269 rubles) Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

9$ (280 rubles) Iron Man 3

We will get this number for BVS tomorrow evening (local).

Edited by Onri
  • Like 1