Shadow Boxing 3 1350

Kung Fu Panda 1337

Puss in Boots 1299

Rio 1297

Breaking Dawn 1268

Conan 1220

Cars 1200

Sherlock Holmes 2 1195

Many mediocre films could easily get 800-1000 screens here. The Darkest Hour had 1151. Conan Barbarian 1220.

Street Dance 2 bombed in UK but alco could get around 1000 screens here.

Pirates of the Caribbean is impressive, I wonder why The Avengers or Battleship can't have the same.

Pirates of the Caribbean is impressive, I wonder why The Avengers or Battleship can't have the same.

looking at these TC`s i think BS and Avengers should get 1200-1400 theaters

John Carter did $16 million and Wrath $14 million..So $20 million pour TA isn't inflated I think, because this movie is way more ambitious, and very good reviews!

But its still a CB movie to many people..But lets just say that i wan´t you to be right on this..

So can it reach 50m in Russia then?

It's possible, but I don't think he will.I expect $40 million, and it's pretty optimistic.However Bilbo,Ice Age 4 and Spiderman will probably pass this mark, maybe the $100 million mark for Bilbo.

I'm thinking China is very important mainly because of public relations. Movies do huge numbers there but in the end the studio gets only about 15% the most from the figures quoted. How much do they get from the Russian market?

History and fantasy epics are just way to popular in Russia. King Arthur, Prince of Persia, Narnia, The Last Samurai, Clash of The Titans, Alexander, Troy, and now John Carter. And many others.John Carter had the help of major national holiday on March, 8 so its opening was inflated.That's why it hardly managed to get 2 multiplyer. There is no way Avengers will beat it step aside make $20m on opening. Avengers might be a cool movie for fanboys but the general audience mostly doesn't care about comic books. Captain America last year grossed $8.7 mln on 1000+ screens. Iron Man 2 was well liked sequel but still nothing particularly excited. Thor went to above mentioned category of fantasy epics and grossed $16.5 mln. And you are also severely overestimating Spider-Man. It's a reboot but who needs it? Spider-Man movies were moderate hits but none of them was particurarly liked here. The trailers got rather mild reaction. It's a wild card but predicting 40-50m? You need to cool off a bit.

Edited by juni78ukr

I'm thinking China is very important mainly because of public relations. Movies do huge numbers there but in the end the studio gets only about 15% the most from the figures quoted. How much do they get from the Russian market?

I don't know, but way more than in China, more like European countries, Russia is very liberal on this one.And it's a good thing.

History and fantasy epics are just way to popular in Russia. King Arthur, Prince of Persia, Narnia, The Last Samurai, Clash of The Titans, Alexander, Troy, and now John Carter. And many others.John Carter had the help of major national holiday on March, 8 so its opening was inflated.That's why it hardly managed to get 2 multiplyer. There is no way Avengers will beat it step aside make $20m on opening. Avengers might be a cool movie for fanboys but the general audience mostly doesn't care about comic books. Captain America last year grossed $8.7 mln on 1000+ screens. Iron Man 2 was well liked sequel but still nothing particularly excited. Thor went to above mentioned category of fantasy epics and grossed $16.5 mln. And you are also severely overestimating Spider-Man. It's a reboot but who needs it? Spider-Man movies were moderate hits but none of them was particurarly liked here. The trailers got rather mild reaction. It's a wild card but predicting 40-50m? You need to cool off a bit.

I know I'm too excited :DAbout The Avengers I don't think you can compare it to Captain America, the budget and marketing will be clearly superior, same thing about reviews.And Iron Man 2 is too old, the market is well bigger now.

About the kind of movie you talk, I'd love to see more Hollywood movies inspired from Russian stories, as Anastasia.With such a history and past, Russia can be inspiring.

Now Hollywood studios can get 25% in China, the local studios can get 40-45%.