The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

From what I am seeing already, I would be shocked if The Lost City didn't have a great increase.  It's female heavy and moms and groups of ladies will be out in force much more on Saturday than they were on a work night Friday.  

Lots of theaters scrambling to add additional shows today.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

So with some new movies showing, NWH has lost its steam. But it managing to cross 800M during Omicron is definitely an amazing feat. 

Uncharted showed some good hold in last 2 weekends but it is also seeing some steep drop this weekend. 

Maybe with no more spring break/long weekend, a few more movies grabbing screens, it may be a harsher drops for the movies  for next couple of weeks. 

Based on updated tracking and buzz, lowering my prediction to high 30s for Morbius and raising to mid to high 40s for Fantastic Beasts (boooo). Keeping Sonic at 65, feel a breakout. Ambulance will do like 16, Northman sadly flop incoming.

• Like 3

Just now, YourMother said:

Is 65m the breakout?

Also what about The Bad Guys?

I just learned of this movie's existence upon reading your post and thus do not feel I have sufficient basis to make a prediction.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Based on updated tracking and buzz, lowering my prediction to high 30s for Morbius and raising to mid to high 40s for Fantastic Beasts (boooo). Keeping Sonic at 65, feel a breakout. Ambulance will do like 16, Northman sadly flop incoming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

24 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

From what I am seeing already, I would be shocked if The Lost City didn't have a great increase.  It's female heavy and moms and groups of ladies will be out in force much more on Saturday than they were on a work night Friday.  

Lots of theaters scrambling to add additional shows today.  

So its crumbling in the right direction

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I just learned of this movie's existence upon reading your post and thus do not feel I have sufficient basis to make a prediction.

Ah, lol.

1 hour ago, LegendaryBen said:

Anyone calling Batman's run a disappointment (especially when HBO MAX will cut into it's run) clearly hasn't followed box office for years like me. I've been following it for 18 years and this is far from a disappointment. I'm so tired of people calling Batman's box office run a disappointment. It won't reach $400m but at least it won't lose money like The Suicide Squad did. I wasn't expecting it to ever reach that level due to the toxic WOM of BvS and JL. Overseas is going well for it so yeah it will see profitability but it not reaching $400m is not the end of the world. It lost most of its premium screens to TLC.

Also, to the people that were disappointed about TLC not opening high enough, this is so absurd. If we want to start talking about disappointments, let's talk about how much WSS will lose despite it getting better reviews than Batman and TLC. The former will be profitable even though it's done terrible in China while the latter has done solidly considering adults are still struggling of going back to movie theaters. Also, let's talk about how much Cyrano flopped despite good reviews. That and WSS combined will gross less than TLC alone. 

Please stop calling TLC and Batman disappointments!!!!

Batman's gross to me is more disappointing than WSS because no-one was asking for the latter. People wanted a good reason to start going to the cinema again and that was never going to be a remake of a 1960's musical that modern audiences care little about

• ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Why raising the prediction for Fantastic Beasts?

26 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Doesnt rooting against Harry Potter mean rooting againt The Lost City though?

Daniel and Harry are different people. Besides, Daniel already mentioned Joanne sucks, so Lost City's clean