Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

https://deadline.com/2022/03/box-office-the-lost-city-sandra-bullock-channing-tatum-2-1234986860/

The first big studio wide release in three weeks, Paramount’s The Lost City, kicked off at 3,400 theaters yesterday at 4PM for a $2.5M take. I understand that number doesn’t include any of the previous weekend Fandango previews or those at the AMC earlier in the week. The movie is expected to hit $25M, but it would not be shocking if it lands in the $30M-range. Rotten Tomatoes reviews are at 75% fresh.

OH OKAY

• Like 1

Hope to God it hits $30M+.

My official Go Big or Go Home prediction is $35M but I'd say anything $25M+ can be labeled a win.

But with The Batman, Uncharted and Dog doing great business, this needs to continue in that path.

Edited by filmnerdjamie

I really hope this legs out. I won't have a chance to check it out until next weekend, but, when I've checked advance ticket sales at my theatre, it's been pretty quiet. But, this is a walk up crowd film. 

I really would like this to do well enough to hold onto screens over April, so it can leg out to some decent success. 

I know y'all are probably kidding but lol at this movie being the fate of theaters. But if this $25m+ opening gets a ton of mid-budget stuff greenlit then let's go. We need a new era of good theatrical comedies pleaaaase

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 3