Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Cruise the person looks close to his age. Cruise in films obviously is dolled up and looks 40-45ish max. Cruise is definitely aging better than Brad Pitt, though. Yeah, he looks about 60 in the face.

SPL5142257_020.jpg?w=1800&q=50&fm=jpg&fl

Hollywood male star tend to look just like their age or even older. It seem like you have to get rid of your baby face to earn respect, for male star at least. A trend that not really exist in the east

10 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Kind of a rough weekend for holdovers.

The majority of these movies have been out for a while (Spider-Man and Sing are 3+ month old movies) and a consistent flow of new movies is beginning to happen again. Guessing by July we won't be seeing multiple movies clinging to the top 10 for nearly as long since the amount of new product will be steady enough at that point where theaters will be forced to ditch aging titles that aren't selling anymore vs. holding onto them for every last drop of cash due to having little to replace them with.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The majority of these movies have been out for a while (Spider-Man and Sing are 3+ month old movies) and a consistent flow of new movies is beginning to happen again. Guessing by July we won't be seeing multiple movies clinging to the top 10 for nearly as long since the amount of new product will be steady enough at that point where theaters will be forced to ditch aging titles that aren't selling anymore vs. holding onto them for every last drop of cash due to having little to replace them with.

It was kind of rough for the dec holdovers, the feb holdovers and the March holdovers, all without particularly much opening competition.

The Batman is still around $2.3m behind Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at te same point, but the Guardians had advantage during the 4th weekend because it was Memmorial Day Weekend (great Sunday and bigger-than-normal Monday). Their fifth weekend wasn't very good (53% drop), I think Batman will handle next weekend(s) much better. It will be over $339m on Thursday and add at least $11 next weekend for +$350m till April 3rd. If not HBO Max premiere on April 19th, I think Batman would catch the Guardians and finish with +$390m domestically, but for now... I'm not so sure. $382-385m for the Bat in total. Overseas should be +400m, so $800m is still in the game. <fingers crossed>

• Like 9

Glad it finished over $30m

With the Oscars and all that fiasco, I feel like The Lost City's opening has been buried on social media, which is a bummer. This is a major success for original, adult oriented films and I wish it would get that kind of awareness that it did that well