Eric is Anxious

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Is it fair to compare it to avatar 2 considering the delays

If Avatar 2 was being directed by the director of Pitch Perfect and Sisters. Movies which did well and were well received but way in a different genre.

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Is this a joke question

Yes, it is. Of course I know can't wait for a certain action packed movie which title is conformed by three words, and which involves actors playing the same characters that they played for the first time more than 20 years ago.

Everyone knows you're looking forward for Top Gun Maverick.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

So WB put the year of heroes trailer out with batman and then delayed all those movies like 2 days later and now they literally were saying shazam 2 on the 16th YESTERDAY and then move it back a week today, what is going on there?

Avatar 2 is getting all IMAX and PLF screens on the 16th by the looks of it due to the different formats it is releasing in. On the 21st, they can likely get PLF even if IMAX will be tied up with Avatar 2. They probably ran the numbers and realized the lifetime gross might be higher by delaying to the 21st with better headlines instead of what happened to Mary Poppins Returns. That movie never recovered from the bad early headlines. Releasing on the 21st gives movies a 5 day number to report including Christmas which their internal numbers showed might be better once Avatar 2 OW is done.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

so more of the same? or Jimbo has secret tricks up his sleeve?

"It would be funny if it wasn't so sad."  I ask you kindly to look up Cameron's career.  When has he ever not had tricks up his sleeve...and how often have they failed?  

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

More of the same, eh? Not sure that is what I want after 13 years of wait. I am not liking the sound of this whole kid Navis thing..you needed to show some action scenes or set pieces rather than more of the same with kiddos ...also not a fan of the title. Such stupid sounding titles have flopped at box office. Avatar 2 would have been fine. Anyways, u expected some earth shattering mind blowing footage ...alas James has failed.

Were you there?  Do you know how/why they use this event, and who it is for?  Family ticket sales bring in money for theaters -- so I'm not surprised at all they they are first introducing this with the family core of the film.  I'm sure there's much, much more "mind-blowing" stuff on the way...

4 hours ago, Maggie said:

So, i have a confession to make. I've never watched Avatar. I just saw bits and pieces. But isn't the action taking place on Pandora (?) now? Will this movie be animated? It's hard to make an animation movie look different and impressive

Multiple planets, multiple systems.  Wait and see.  What is "animated" to you?  No, this is not a PIXAR movie, it is something entirely new.  Cameron and crew are innovating the filmmaking process as they go along.  Yes, it's hard to make anything look "different and impressive" these days -- but please look at Cameron's history, and see how many times he's truly disappointed.  

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

It was super fucking weird to watch in real time.  Olivia Wilde was talking and then some lady just came right to the stage and placed a large manila envelope.  Olivia looked bewildered and actually opened it, looked at it, sort of looked stunned and said "ok" and went back to her intro.  

If that was her getting served by Sudeikis' lawyers, what a shithead move by him.  Not surprised though, he is a fucking douchebag and one of the few talent I have been around in a private setting that was insufferable.  His whole Ted Lasso character is like the opposite of who he is.  

Sooo...COLOSSAL (which I love) seems more truthful than ever vis-a-vis character/actor!  But perhaps they both have "issues"...!  

9 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

So WB put the year of heroes trailer out with batman and then delayed all those movies like 2 days later and now they literally were saying shazam 2 on the 16th YESTERDAY and then move it back a week today, what is going on there?

They're making decisions based on what they see here at CinemaCon, just like everyone else.  Even they were probably unsure/skeptical that AVATAR was actually coming this December until it finally showed up on this panel!  

"He likes titles that reflect how the audience is feeling, He says that when you tell someone that it's a horror you go "nope.""

"Jordan Peele is reading your Nope fan theories and he appreciates an audience that an engaged."
"Will you tell me what it's about--" "NOPE"

1 minute ago, Eric is a furry said:

"He likes titles that reflect how the audience is feeling, He says that when you tell someone that it's a horror you go "nope.""

"Jordan Peele is reading your Nope fan theories and he appreciates an audience that an engaged."
"Will you tell me what it's about--" "NOPE"

Nope as a title reminds me of the Grindhouse trailer from Edgar Wright: