Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

But i have to wake up in 5 1/2 hours for universaty again ... but the alternative would be to miss the possible release of the new trailer ....

Yeah thats no alternative at all. Sleep is overrated anyway.

They're not putting out a trailer. Go to sleep hon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Avatar 2 is possibly the most difficult major release to predict...ever? I feel like the spectrum for where it could go is just enormous. The original isn't 1/4th as popular as it was without the 3D boost - and 3D is not cool whatsoever these days. It has had virtually zero pop culture staying power. It is widely viewed as "overrated".

Crystal clear that the media is going to make a huge deal out of it, and it should do monster business overseas. But domestic gross is a total crapshoot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Avatar 2 is possibly the most difficult major release to predict...ever? I feel like the spectrum for where it could go is just enormous. The original isn't 1/4th as popular as it was without the 3D boost - and 3D is not cool whatsoever these days. It has had virtually zero pop culture staying power. It is widely viewed as "overrated".

Crystal clear that the media is going to make a huge deal out of it, and it should do monster business overseas. But domestic gross is a total crapshoot. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I've been bearish on it for a long time.