Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

- (5) Everything Everywhere All At Once A24 $3,323,297 -40% 1,542 -671 $2,155 $41,565,896

Edited by Grebacio

Just now, SupermanLego said:

Thor 4 isn't opening more than MoM. I see it 160-180. 

I am more on the side of unlikely but it could outgross it easily with that OW range due to summer days.

1 hour ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

My experience of most Marvel fans are that they aren't the histrionic types and are more likely to be capable of going "Hmmm, they are having pacing and world-expanding issues, so some of these things are a little clunky" without 'turning on' anyone.

At least I hope they are.

Not everything is a massive drama.

As a MCU shill myself (yeah I know it doesn't look like it but had a rough week. Moon Knight finale and Doctor Strange were a one-two punch in the face I was not expecting) I can confirm that we try to be very.... positive and try to find excuses for everything. Even tho lots of fans are getting more vocal about each project. Specially the shows. But there's a boiling point. 

And mine was this week. And it saddens me. And the way you describe the problems of the MCU right now is a very nice way to put it. Been forcing myself through these shows. Convince myself that Moon Knight was going to be the 1st great MCU show and 2022 was the turnaround year. But... wow. Was I wrong. 

And what made me really angry... it's not the mediocrity on MK and DS2. What made me really angry was looking at this Phase 4 in hindsight and how these 2 projects just delivered more of this mediocrity Phase. 

I'm honestly done with these shows. Will only keep up with the movies and if somehow I hear Feige made a good series, I will tune in. 

I just can't keep up with this flood of meh content. It's exhausting and only makes me upset. 

Phase 4 is a major step-down in quality. And god... Ms Marvel doesn't look good at all. I don't feel any excitement for She-Hulk. Thor 4 and BP2 are my hopeful 2022 projects. 

Yeah I know I'm being annoying... but I'm in grief right now. Give me a break. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

It's obviously not reflected in BO numbers, but I think the proliferation of Marvel shows plus formulaic movies is leading to some Marvel fatigue and backlash. They have some real quality control issues to start thinking about IMO.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

It's obviously not reflected in BO numbers, but I think the proliferation of Marvel shows plus formulaic movies is leading to some Marvel fatigue and backlash. They have some real quality control issues to start thinking about IMO.

I know I’m getting Haha-ed to death for saying this and get bombarded by people saying “THERES NO FATIGUE MARVEL IS STILL HUGE DONT SAY THERES FATIGUE”. But if I can speak personally, from my own subjective feelings that do not represent every person in the world...man I’m exhausted by all this Marvel shit. We got five Marvel movies last year. Five Disney+ Marvel shows. Within those 52 weeks, only 19 of them, 36% of them, didn’t have any MCU media out that week. That’s not even mentioning Venom or that MODOK Hulu show nobody watched or all the other stuff.

It’s legitimately the most exhausting thing I’ve ever seen. At three movies a year, you still had a few months of breathing room where you didn’t have Marvel on the brain and can enjoy a solid hype cycle. But with a new Marvel thing every month, you have no break anymore where you can just breathe and allow the hype machine for the next Marvel adventure to pick up when you’re done thinking about the last one. And you can't skip this stuff either if you want to follow the story, like I assumed you would. And even if you do want to skip it, you're still bombarded with spoilers and clips and memes on your social media feeds. It’s all Marvel everywhere you go every single day and I hate it.

It’s so exhausting and tiring and I refuse to believe people aren’t sick of this by now. I would have to think that at least a tiny, tiny, tiny few of even the most diehard MCU stans, who love everything they put out, have to be at least a teensy weensy burnt out by all this Marvel shit shoved in your face. People went off on me, but I still think this onslaught is gonna tire folks out in a few years. Not this year, not next year, probably not the year after that, but I just fail to see how people will be fine with 10+ movies and shows from one franchise every single year.

DC and Amazon are also at fault with all this. All of these spinoffs for The Boys seem pointless and we’re now getting like 5 shows just based on the Reeves Batman movie. Then there’s stuff like Umbrella Academy and Jupiter’s Legacy and Invincible and Henry Danger and it’s just...how much more superhero crap do we need? It’s soooo tiring. There’s no fucking way the bubble won't burst. And if it doesn't, then that's just ridiculous.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

I know I’m getting Haha-ed to death for saying this and get bombarded by people saying “THERES NO FATIGUE MARVEL IS STILL HUGE DONT SAY THERES FATIGUE”. But if I can speak personally, from my own subjective feelings that do not represent every person in the world...man I’m exhausted by all this Marvel shit. We got five Marvel movies last year. Five Disney+ Marvel shows. Within those 52 weeks, only 19 of them, 36% of them, didn’t have any MCU media out that week. That’s not even mentioning Venom or that MODOK Hulu show nobody watched or all the other stuff.

It’s legitimately the most exhausting thing I’ve ever seen. At three movies a year, you still had a few months of breathing room where you didn’t have Marvel on the brain and can enjoy a solid hype cycle. But with a new Marvel thing every month, you have no break anymore where you can just breathe and allow the hype machine for the next Marvel adventure to pick up when you’re done thinking about the last one. And you can't skip this stuff either if you want to follow the story, like I assumed you would. And even if you do want to skip it, you're still bombarded with spoilers and clips and memes on your social media feeds. It’s all Marvel everywhere you go every single day and I hate it.

It’s so exhausting and tiring and I refuse to believe people aren’t sick of this by now. I would have to think that at least a tiny, tiny, tiny few of even the most diehard MCU stans, who love everything they put out, have to be at least a teensy weensy burnt out by all this Marvel shit shoved in your face. People went off on me, but I still think this onslaught is gonna tire folks out in a few years. Not this year, not next year, probably not the year after that, but I just fail to see how people will be fine with 10+ movies and shows from one franchise every single year.

DC and Amazon are also at fault with all this. All of these spinoffs for The Boys seem pointless and we’re now getting like 5 shows just based on the Reeves Batman movie. Then there’s stuff like Umbrella Academy and Jupiter’s Legacy and Invincible and Henry Danger and it’s just...how much more superhero crap do we need? It’s soooo tiring. There’s no fucking way the bubble won't burst. And if it doesn't, then that's just ridiculous.

The MCU bubble will burst. It just needs a couple of really bad movies for it too sink. Just look at star wars.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SupermanLego said:

The MCU bubble will burst. It just needs a couple of really bad movies for it too sink. Just look at star wars.

I just want other type of blockbusters. I don't mind Marvel, but they monopolize the market.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

I think if the shows and movies were really good, it wouldn't really matter. 

But they're just ok at best. And this constant number of forgettable productions... I also can't imagine how the even the biggest fans won't get turned off with time. 

We're 1 year and 5 months in and I'm mentally exhausted already with this flood of mediocrity. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I just want other type of blockbusters. I don't mind Marvel, but they monopolize the market.

June 10th will bring you that blockbuster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

I think if the shows and movies were really good, it wouldn't really matter. 

But they're just ok at best. And this constant number of forgettable productions... I also can't imagine how the even the biggest fans won't get turned off with time. 

We're 1 year and 5 months in and I'm mentally exhausted already with this mediocrity. 

Even if they were Sopranos-level good, I would still be tired from all this. It's like eating pizza every day. Pizza's a great food, but if you eat it every day, the taste isn't special anymore. Having a Marvel thing out every week is bound to get people tired, even if they like everything that comes out.

• Like 9

Just now, Eric loves Rey said:

Even if they were Sopranos-level good, I would still be tired from all this. It's like eating pizza every day. Pizza's a great food, but if you eat it every day, the taste isn't special anymore. Having a Marvel thing out every week is bound to get people tired, even if they like everything that comes out.

Yeah probably 

Just now, Eric loves Rey said:

You nail it actually. And it's something i said yesterday

The MCU doesn't feel special anymore. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

Not to mention that some weeks had more than 1 MCU product.
July 5-11: Black Widow / new Loki episode
first Sep week: Shang Chi / new What If episode.
December 13-19: No Way Home / new Hawkeye episode
May 2-8: Multiverse of Madness / new Moon Knight episode

• Like 1