Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

10958d3259b86b4e3311957a4895d8c25eb6f40d

AMERICA CHAVEZ

IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

WEEKEND THREAD

Quick preface: I always want to follow my Mother's Golden Rules of "Don't Post When You're Angry" and "It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It".  I've spent a couple of days trying to massage this post to make it more chill. (You actually should see the first draft! LOL.)  I'm just not in the mood.  Really, extraordinarily, not in the mood.  So I think for this weekend, we're gonna go more "Lived Through The Five Year Snap" Steve Rogers energy instead of his wide-eyed optimism of "I Don't Like Bullies" in The First Avenger.

d1248a88db84f6ccc744c54c1baf8f71.jpg

(I know, baby.  I know.)

ANYWAY!!!

IT'S HERE!

AFTER TWO YEARS.

AND TWO DELAYS.

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif

My Mom and I are going to NYC! We FINALLY get to see Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster in The Music Man!  I bought tickets for the musical in 2019!  And we have tickets to Funny Girl (purchased before the reviews dropped).  And then cause of the Funny Girl reviews, I panicked and said "Fuck It" and bought tickets to Company, because PATTI.

patti-lu-pone.gif

The biggest kicker?  @WrathOfHan and I have tickets together to see America Chavez in The Multiverse of Madness together at Lincoln Square. It's gonna be so amazing, but slightly panic inducing cause I know he doesn't like Old People Talking Doing The Movie, and I'm Old TM and have been known to shout things at the screen during a Marvel Thursday Premiere. 🤔 Though he'll be catching me on my second viewing, so I should be able to control my EMOTIONS

Weekend is gonna be AMAZING.  I really need this.  It's been a long month.  Thus, in the words of the divine Barbra:

How

Pray Tell

Do we not bring around a cloud to rain on Cap's Parade?

FIRST,

GOOD VIBES ONLY

good-vibes-only-real-housewives-of-potom

We all need to be more like Real Housewife Zen Wen.  Good Vibes Only.  

The movie only does 30 million in previews and you thought it was going to do 31 million?  It's still a good number.  The preview only come in at 20 million?  Still pretty great!  Oh, Noooo, it's only TEN MILLION in previews?  Still better than the rest of the movies last month!

Good! Vibes! Only!

And before you want to clapback about how the statistical analysis of the data suggestions otherwise, all I have to say is:

e2795d20675af441-600x338.gif 

( @ you know exactly who you are, babe 😘 )

SECOND,

SON, JUST DON'T

gif-captain-america-son-dont.gif

I'm saying this to EVERYONE, even the cheap seats in the back.  To Troll or Valued member of this community.  Source, Tracker, Mod, Paying Donor, Lurker, or hell, Shawn.  One Post or One Hundred Thousand.

The world really sucks right now.  So if the movie going public wants to take two hours and go watch a silly movie than who are we to say anything against that? Let's just be happy that people are going to the movies.

You want to talk about your anti-MCU and anti-Disney agenda?  Wax un-poetically about how its ruining our culture?  In the words of the divine Judy:

idont-care-judy-garland.gif

Before people cry "censorship" or "favoritism", if you want to start all that up on Monday night, I'm all for it.  But between like Thursday 3PM and Sunday 9PM, can we just... not.  We've had the same conversation for like three years.  I can tell you everything you're going to say before you say it.  96 Hours of Peace.  That's all I ask.

Frankly, this goes for all of BOT's Greatest Hits Debates that come up in a Weekend Thread. Critics Reviews, Verified RT Audience Score, China, et al.  I would just ask, before you post a response that's going to set off 10 pages of wank -- is it really worth it? What does this actually accomplish? Do I really want to bring around a cloud to rain on Cap's parade?

THIRD,

DON'T SAY THE C WORD

Oh, not the fun C word like I'm being right now, but the "Cameo" Word.  

ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS OF ANY KIND.

THE MR. PINK RULE IS IN FULL EFFECT.

YOU SPOIL THE MOVIE, YOU'RE GONE FOR THE WEEKEND.

NO WARNING, NO RETURN.

You want to talk about how you liked or didn't like the movie?  Want to talk about those cool cameos?  Want to talk about how Sam Raimi is The One True King Has Returned In Detail (Hey, @Blankments), then you do it here:

SPOILER THREAD

Note: The Telegram Spoiler Chat will be created after I see the movie, so say about 9:30PM EST.  It will be linked in the Side Pieces Chat.

FOURTH,

FOLLOW THE RULES AND REGS

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OF ANY KIND. 

THEY WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC AND PERMANENT THREAD BAN: NO WARNING, NO RETURN.

NO NEGATIVE/ANTI DISCUSSION OF HOMOSEXUALITY.

IT WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC AND PERMANENT THREAD BAN: NO NEGOTIATION, NO "OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT". BUH-BYE.

8688a84a331fd62305c84913ea5e631b8764c78e

FIFTH,

REMEMBER

NOT COOL

will-smith-disappointed.gif

IGNORE

Screen_Shot_2021-11-04_at_4.41.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2021-11-04_at_4.31.54_PM.png

DON'T RESPONSE/ENGAGE

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her.gif

In conclusion, I don't meant to come off so harsh.  I do adore all of you here (except for Tele, obviously).  It's just like... When you take your meal immediately out of the microwave instead of letting it rest for a minute or so.  I know y'all are just gonna grab that food and gooooo offffff.  BOT Gonna BOT.  But before serving that Hot Take, maybe think about cooling it down a bit.  

I'm going back to Internet Free/Spoiler Free Cave called The Sims for the next 16 hours**.  See you on the other side.

❤️

** Note I'm always available via PM or Telegram.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

@Blankments @WrathOfHan Because I forgot last week and I have admin privileges 🙃

7x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: Red Rocket, King Richard, Dog, The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City, Everything Everywhere All at Once

6x:

Downton Abbey: A New Era: Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City, The Outfit, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Petite Maman

Lightyear: The King's Man, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Dog, Death on the Nile, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

5x:

The Bad Guys: King Richard, Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: Death on the Nile, Uncharted, The Guide, The Lost City, Everything Everywhere All at Once

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City, Ambulance, The Bad Guys

4x:

Jurassic World: Dominion: Uncharted, RRR, Ambulance, The Northman

Elvis: The Batman, X, Ambulance, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Nope: The Batman, X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

DC League of Super Pets: King Richard, The Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Dog, Uncharted, The Guide, RRR

3x:

Mothering Sunday: The Worst Person in the World, Oscar-Nominated Animated Shorts, The Outfit

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: West Side Story, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Lost City

Men: X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman

Bullet Train: The Batman, Ambulance, The Northman

2x:

Everything Everywhere All at Once: X, Petite Maman (could get one more from the local arthouse)

Ambulance: The King's Man, The Guide

The Duke: The Outfit, Petite Maman

Top Gun: Maverick: The Lost City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Bob's Burgers Movie: Death on the Nile, The Northman

Minions: The Rise of Gru: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, The Bad Guys

Black Adam: Uncharted, The Batman

Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom: Uncharted, The Batman

The Flash: Uncharted, The Batman

1x:

The Rose Maker: Petite Maman

Ghani: RRR

The Northman: The Batman

Memory: Ambulance

Firestarter: Ambulance

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

The Devil's Light: The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish: The Bad Guys

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre: The King's Man

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

• Astonished 2

So for all of you out there that are like oh my god what do you mean positive vibes only, how are we supposed to do that? Here’s a really great example:

- I woke up this morning with a headache

- Checked my phone and saw a clap back PM

- Got stuck in a 2 hour traffic jam because no joke, the bridge between NH and Maine was closed “because of an incident with the police”

- Got shut out of my AEW Forbidden Door tickets during the pre sale cause I just HAPPENED to be in the ONE dead zone area for cell reception/the site crashed. 

It’s not even noon

BUT!

There is still regular sales tickets available for tomorrow; and the sky is blue, and we are motoring along at 75mph again. So.

Positive Vibes Only!

• Like 2

Positive vibes:

Today was the first time i cooked Spaghetti where i was actually proud of the result.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

42 minutes ago, SupermanLego said:

Wait DS1 opened higher than TB in the Markets. Either this data must be skewed as hell or am I just reading it wrong ?

DS1 grossed 445 OS whereas TB is at 395. Although if we remove China from both of those numbers we get DS1 at 335m OS and TB at 371m OS. So it is perfectly reasonable that DS1 could have opened higher than TB1 in many international markets. 

• Like 1