Eric is Quiet

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

I think a lot of people are gonna come out of this saying "That was nice." I admired Sohn's vision, though it's definitely more focused on ideas than dramatic heft. All of the narrative throughlines are scripted in the broadest way possible and I can't say I was that moved by the romance. I'm just about in line with the critical consensus I think, lower tier Pixar but still worth watching if you're inclined, and I'll still be sad for Sohn if this flops. Thomas Newman's score was expectedly aces of course.

Edited by AniNate

It is what it is. My only consolation is that will have better word of mouth than Lightyear and will hopefully be remembered more fondly in hindsight. 

I do see it having a second life on home video.

Edited by JWR