Eric is Anxious

TOP GUN MAVERICK/MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND THREAD | 126.7M 3-Day, 160.5M 4-Day. The biggest Memorial Day opening ever! | Doctor Strange 20.5M 4-Day, Bob's Burgers 14.8M

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It's like the opposite of Legacy Sequels coasting off of goodwill from their iconic originals; the iconic original is coasting off of the goodwill from the Legacy Sequel. Not sure I've ever had that happen before, yet here we are. 

the amazing spider-man ?

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If it was a presidential election and TG2 being over 68% of DSitMoM meant RED and less than 68% meant BLUE, this would how it look

KvOOm.png

These are the state where Trump did better than National in 2020 — diffs look to be TG2 winning VA, CO, NM, ME, VT, NH but losing IN

https://i.postimg.cc/yxqn5t66/C31157-E2-9-F6-D-4752-B4-BC-F078-BBD9-F8-D5.png

• Like 1

"In all, 10 states are more than 90 percent white, including the three northern New England states, West Virginia, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Kentucky and North Dakota.

Maine tops the nation with 96.9 percent of its population described as white, while 96.7 percent of Vermont and 96 percent of New Hampshire are white, according to the census. All three were at least 98 percent white in the 1990 census."

I think the only ones not mentioned yet are Iowa and Kentucky? 

21 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

To be honest, I don’t think TGM is a crazy breakout like BP. If you look at daily trend from preview to Sunday, BP simply had much more momentum carried over. Saturday gross was 30% higher than true Friday but TGM only had 16%. As for Sunday, BP’ sunday was 18% higher than true Friday and TGM Sunday is 13% higher than friday. And do remember BP is a CBM that supposed to be frontloaded but somehow that movie defied expectations and keep trending upward from hour to hour. I don’t feel the same for TGM in the past few days. The trending was great but not crazy. 

Agree. That's why I'm thinking about $380-425m domestic final (for now).

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

"In all, 10 states are more than 90 percent white, including the three northern New England states, West Virginia, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Kentucky and North Dakota.

Maine tops the nation with 96.9 percent of its population described as white, while 96.7 percent of Vermont and 96 percent of New Hampshire are white, according to the census. All three were at least 98 percent white in the 1990 census."

I think the only ones not mentioned yet are Iowa and Kentucky? 

both quite off. Anyways, you should have gone with Montana.

The 5 are

Montana +25%
Vermont +15%
Idaho +11%
Utah +4%
Kansas +3%

Wyoming less than 1% short

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

both quite off. Anyways, you should have gone with Montana.

The 5 are

Montana +25%
Vermont +15%
Idaho +11%
Utah +4%
Kansas +3%

Wyoming less than 1% short

3 of these states are the among the eight most Republican states in the country based on the last presidential election (Wyoming, Idaho and Montana).

8 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

We already have several locked Best Picture nominees. We have The Batman, Everything Everywhere All At Once, and now Top Gun: Maverick. We did it guys. Blockbuster oscars is coming.

The batman is far from locked despite being a socially relevant film that Oscar voters love to reward. Unless the fall/winter  season give voters nothing worthy to pick and WB pushes campaign to remind people. 

EEAO, A24 is always a studio to watch out for Oscar race and EEAO is just too big as indie hit to be ignored. I will say EEAO has the highest chance to be in the final race among all movies that released in the first half of 2022. Downside is EEAO is a sci-fi action fantasy, a non-Oscar friendly genre but the diversity element should play the card here.

TGM. Neither a lock, if this got nominated it will be another ford vs Ferrari. A dad movie with A+ cinemascore that voters just  shortlist it simply because they love the movie from their heart. You will find TGM missing in every major category but somehow sneak into the race. 

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Agree. That's why I'm thinking about $380-425m domestic final (for now).

Second weekend number will tell us how crazy the legs will be. It is not impossible to drop below 50% coming off from holiday weekend. See uncharted, American sniper and black panther. Aladdin managed to control its drop at 53% in 2nd outing despite that weekend had other big opening like KoM that made 90m in combined. 

Reading through this: I think i have grown as a person and my Godzilla meltdown in 2019 probably helped, but for my (very optimistic) predictions for Dominion i have always assumed that it would need to have a very good audience response. Without good-to-great WOM, it wont get an OW anywhere near 200M and it wont win the summer.

Until i see it im still holding out hope though. When Fallen Kingdom came out, early reviews where also quite mixed-to-bad, but i still loved it and it did very well. I hope im not already in denial mode when i still think Dominion could be similar.

56 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

TGM. Neither a lock, if this got nominated it will be another ford vs Ferrari. A dad movie with A+ cinemascore that voters just  shortlist it simply because they love the movie from their heart. You will find TGM missing in every major category but somehow sneak into the race. 

I think TGM has a better shot than Ford v Ferrari, it has much better box office and even better reviews, plus Ford v Ferrari was released in maybe the most competitive and crowded awards season of that decade which didn't help it.

Edited by Firepower

22 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Jurassic Park 4 script, back in 2004. They used a couple of his ideas in both Jurassic World films, but in completely different way.

You mean the human dinosaur hybrid one. Where Raptors whith machine guns Junp from helicopters.

9 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You mean the human dinosaur hybrid one. Where Raptors whith machine guns Junp from helicopters.

As far as I remember Sayles' version that leaked didn't go that far, it featured hybrids, but not too freakish and without machine guns, just smart animals with some extra DNA. But even earlier version of JP4 seems to be completely insane and featured stuff like this:

Screen-Shot-2016-06-09-at-9.54.53-AM.jpg

Edited by Firepower

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

As far as I remember Sayles' version that leaked didn't go that far, it featured hybrids, but not too freakish and without machine guns, just smart animals with some extra DNA. But even earlier version of JP4 seems to be completely insane and featured stuff like this:

Screen-Shot-2016-06-09-at-9.54.53-AM.jpg

Yeah, no thanks.

I'll prefer what Colin Treverow has given us, this is ridiculous.