Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Wait there’s a Jurassic show in its 5th season?

It's the Netflix version of seasons. So basically a few episodes drop every few months and in 2 years they will have 5 seasons. 

There's a Fast and Furious series which has completed 6 seasons as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Is there a dominion spoiler thread? I found something a few of you guys might like

Spoiler thread is up yes. Its in "Box Office Discussions" you cant miss it

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Which other Indian movies would you and Charlie recommend? I'm game for anything.

There's the obvious Bollywood ones like Sholay, DDLJ, Chak De India, Mother India, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Dangal, Bajrangi Bhaijaan. One thing I would highly recommend if you have the time and inclination to do so is to go through Raj Kapoor's directorial filmography. He was far far ahead of his time in both filmmaking techniques as well as plots.

In Tamil, a similar thing is to go through Mani Ratnam's filmography, especially Nayagan.

In Kannada, I always recommend the movie Om, it's 30 years old now but still remains a high water mark for the industry.

• Thanks 1

Jurassic World is starting to blow up near me with some theaters starting to add 11:30-12 shows. Think it's going past Deadline's number and making closer to $60M today at this rate.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jurassic World is starting to blow up near me with some theaters starting to add 11:30-12 shows. Think it's going past Deadline's number and making closer to $60M today at this rate.

That's not enough. It NEEDS 60M as the floor

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Which other Indian movies would you and Charlie recommend? I'm game for anything.

I can give tamil recs. Outside of Mani Ratnam (top 5 filmmaker for me) who @grim22 recommended, I also recommend films from Shankar (makes big, campy action films), Mysskin (if you want something darker), Vetrimaaran (basically considered the Tamil Martin Scorsese), Hari (smaller scale, campy action films with a lot of family melodrama), Selvaraghan, KS Ravikumar. I would also look up films starring and written by Kamal Hassan. He's one of the best actors in India and the films he has written are impeccable. Hey Ram, Virumaandi, Thevar Magan, Dasavatharam would be great place to start. He directed the first two films mentioned too. Would avoid his comedies tho because their jokes are really dependent on knowing tamil. It's a shame because some of them are some of the funniest films I have ever seen.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Welp, seems like ive gotta wait till tomorrow for numbers. I wish sleep wasnt a thing but it is.

Heres hoping ill wake up to hope and not despair :ph34r:

I hope so too my Jurassic comrade🫂 Unfortunately I must endure the updates

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I can give tamil recs. Outside of Mani Ratnam (top 5 filmmaker for me) who @grim22 recommended, I also recommend films from Shankar (makes big, campy action films), Mysskin (if you want something darker), Vetrimaaran (basically considered the Tamil Martin Scorsese), Hari (smaller scale, campy action films with a lot of family melodrama), Selvaraghan, KS Ravikumar. I would also look up films starring and written by Kamal Hassan. He's one of the best actors in India and the films he has written are impeccable. Hey Ram, Virumaandi, Thevar Magan, Dasavatharam would be great place to start. He directed the first two films mentioned too. Would avoid his comedies tho because their jokes are really dependent on knowing tamil. It's a shame because some of them are some of the funniest films I have ever seen.

Agreed on his comedies being dependent on knowing Tamil. I watched Michael Madan Kama Rajan in college as part of a Kamal Hasan week set up by the cultural committee. The Tamil speakers were dying of laughter where as the rest of us appreciated the jokes more than laughed uproariously.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I remember my cousin showing Magadheera to me as a kid. Did not have a good experience tho, because he said it's super gory (I don't think it was rn) and I ended up being scared for most of its runtime. Wanna get around to watching Maryada Ramanna (pretty sure I watched it's tamil remake before) sometime. Heard it's Rajamouli's best film.

Maryada Ramanna is a Telugu adaptation of Our Hospitality (1923). After it's success, it was then again remaked in Hindi. It was the first time Rajamouli did not have some star as his protagonist, rather he picked a guy who usually does comedic roles as his protagonist. It was a decent flick..some good fun and drama, although it does feel like bit dragged towards the end. I would not call it as Rajamouli's best. I still think Eega is Rajamouli's best.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

have you watched 3 Idiots? If not, I'd definitely recommend it. Very entertaining movie and probably my favorite Hindi movie

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I’m waiting for the ones around me to start adding. Only shows not like 80% full out are like an hour+ from now, and those are starting to fill. Been that way since like 6pm - this thing is rolling, at least in decent-sized markets I’ve spot checked. I’ll be surprised if it’s under ~$63 at this pace