Eric the Minion

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

These numbers are ok for now. It can only go up. Has it ever happened that these Friday projections go down?

Yes. Godzilla Kotm Friday midday update was looking at 24M friday with 60M+ opening weekend after 6.3M previews. It went down fast after that. I still get nightmares about it and sometimes have pleasant dreams of a world where that 60M+ number was real

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

What the hell does that mean? 😳

It meant if you were really sitting on edge for that $60 million Fri, it could be a long night

… but I just spot checked my usual markets - all of which were kinda mild last night - and yeah JWD is blowing up for tonight. Even 3D shows are getting full or even selling out. The Friday night crowd is coming out in full force, and that’s before the walk-ups arrive on top of these presales and get pushed to later shows 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Just joking around. I should've made it more obviously. I hope JWD makes all the money. I prefer when the box office is booming.

Don't get me wrong I also want Maverick to hold strong too. The more hits the healthier the Box Office

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Yes. Godzilla Kotm Friday midday update was looking at 24M friday with 60M+ opening weekend after 6.3M previews. It went down fast after that. I still get nightmares about it and sometimes have pleasant dreams of a world where that 60M+ number was real

That movie was on tv though.  I think you can rest easy that JWD will be fine 

*edit - I confused it with GvK. @Brainbug the Dinosaur I thank you….

Edited by wildphantom

2 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Dont remind me of this nightmare pls.

1 minute ago, M37 said:

It meant if you were really sitting on edge for that $60 million Fri, it could be a long night

… but I just spot checked my usual markets - all of which were kinda mild last night - and yeah JWD is blowing up for tonight. Even 3D shows are getting full or even selling out. The Friday night crowd is coming out in full force, and that’s before the walk-ups arrive on top of these presales and get pushed to later shows 

:bouncy:

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

That movie was on tv though.  I think you can rest easy that JWD will be fine 

I think you confused King of the Monsters with Godzilla vs Kong here?

• Like 2

Deadline cant scare me. Asgardian gods though ... they do.

I can say ive never looked forward to and at the same time dreaded a first update from either charlie, EC or RTH so much lol.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

Time for the ‘What Went Wrong’ thread?

Nothing went wrong.

The film itsefl will bring in tons of money, Universal will make a very good profit on it.

But, yeah, It seems likely it is not going to dominate the summer like some here were projecting.

Fanboys way  overpredicted it's box office. But then that is what they generally do.

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I think you confused King of the Monsters with Godzilla vs Kong here?

I did. I take it back.  I’m still not fully recovered from my theatrical experience today.  A few more hours and I’ll know my Godzillas once more….