Eric Lasagna

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not the same, but Disney tried with Dinosaur a long while back and it looked great but didn't do all that well.

Looking back at the numbers and it was 11th domestically with $137m or so, which isn't terrible.  JP3 the following year only beat it WW by $9m.  

But that was a dinos only story and I think the draw is obviously humans being terrorized by dinos, right?

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

Looking back at the numbers and it was 11th domestically with $137m or so, which isn't terrible.  JP3 the following year only beat it WW by $9m.  

But that was a dinos only story and I think the draw is obviously humans being terrorized by dinos, right?

Hmm. I'm ready for dinos only actually. Humans are generally the least interesting characters in these things.

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Dawn of The Dinosaurs did like near 900m.

My comment about resting the franchise isn't due to disliking it but just that the concept of Jurassic Park/World is much more limited compared to Star Wars, DC or Marvel. It's incredible Universal managed to get five sequels from the original film. 

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Anyone remember a small little movie called We're Back, A Dinosaur Story. 

YES! I loved that movie when I was a kid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Dawn of The Dinosaurs did like near 900m.

Dinosaurs are draw.

There's no point of saying that people are loosing interest seeing JW underperformance, it's just that for some reason Universal weren't able to build hype. Which is bit surprise. They should've done better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

My comment about resting the franchise isn't due to disliking it but just that the concept of Jurassic Park/World is much more limited compared to Star Wars, DC or Marvel. It's incredible Universal managed to get five sequels from the original film. 

It's limited if you always want Big Blockbusters.

It's unlimited if you want smaller scaled stories, smaller movie or a web series.

In smaller stories you can go to prequel events, survival genre, science thriller in form of episodes, tons of potential.

But for big scale event movies, you need to get something really good amd unique. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Anyone remember a small little movie called We're Back, A Dinosaur Story. 

Yea... some disturbing scene at the end had an old man get eaten by crows until only his glass eye was left. I don’t remember the context at all other than it scared the living shit outta me.