IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

1 hour ago, upriser7 said:

I could only find Rogue One, NWH numbers. Rogue One did 750K admissions on 4th weekend and went onto do another 2.1M admissions (2.8 x 750K) for rest of the run . NWH did 375K on 4th weekend and went onto do another 1.3M admissions (3.5 x 375K) for rest of the run.

A2 has done 1.13M admissions in its 4th weekend and cumulative 6.5M admissions so far...if you use Rogue One multiplier, then A2 should do another 3.15M admissions for rest of the run. If you use NWH multiplier, then NWH should do another 3.95M admissions for rest of the run. Taking average of both, you'd get around 3.55M additional admissions for rest of the run, which would mean 10M total admissions. Even using Rogue One multiplier would get you to 9.6M final admissions.  Wouldn't 9.6M admissions mean an all time record gross wise (in Euros) ?

I think you might have slipped a week? RO had 317k admissions in its 4th WE and did 495k after that, 1,56x the WE. Same for Avatar 2 would be 8,27M total. 

https://www.insidekino.de/DTop10/17/DTopJanuar2017.htm

For NWH, I didn't remember it had such great late legs (I guess because of covid again?) but another 4M would be huge.

9M is probably locked at this point - next WE, dropping like 40% even, should be 7,4M+ and after the legs it has shown already it shouldn't crumble after the holidays - even if it was very much pushed by them and not itself. 

And 9,6M would indeed dethrone Titanic. Its ATP might drop a little but 9,5M should be enough I guess.

Edited by Aristis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lab276 said:

This is good to see:

Die Top Ten (das beste Wochenende seit genau drei Jahren) steigerten sich gegenüber der Vorwoche um etwa 20 %, gegenüber dem gleichen Wochenende 01/2022 als Spider-Man - No Way Home mit 373.990 Besuchern am vierten Wochenende die Charts angeführt hat, ging es um ca. 130 % rauf.  

"The top ten (the best weekend in exactly three years) increased by about 20% compared to the previous week, compared to the same weekend 01/2022 when Spider-Man - No Way Home topped the charts with 373,990 visitors on the fourth weekend, it went up by about 130%."

This might be one of the nicest things coming out of the weekend. It's not just Avatar 2 but quite a few other movies doing great numbers now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Incredible. Germany will end up being as impressive as France for this one 👀

As a small market, Austria often gets overlooked, but (as was the case with quite a few other releases last year, Maverick for instance) Avatar2 is doing even better here than in Germany; it should be around 800k after this weekend and 1mil total is a very safe bet - the "Diamond Ticket", a feat no release has managed in Austria since the original Avatar. (Ice Age 4 came close with about 950k admissions)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

ATOW prove a lot of Europe markets still have it and are able to generate big sized gross but they just don't want the stuff that have been throwing at their face in the past decade. 

maybe ... it's also possible that during the pandemic many people simply lost interest in the theatrical experience and are only slowly pulled back by big-scale events (No Time to Die, Maverick, Minions 2 and now Avatar 2). The fact that a few releases had actual increases last weekend might be a hint that movie-going as a possibility is back in people's awareness.

Edited by IndustriousAngel

7 hours ago, Aristis said:

I think you might have slipped a week? RO had 317k admissions in its 4th WE and did 495k after that, 1,56x the WE. Same for Avatar 2 would be 8,27M total. 

https://www.insidekino.de/DTop10/17/DTopJanuar2017.htm

For NWH, I didn't remember it had such great late legs (I guess because of covid again?) but another 4M would be huge.

9M is probably locked at this point - next WE, dropping like 40% even, should be 7,4M+ and after the legs it has shown already it shouldn't crumble after the holidays - even if it was very much pushed by them and not itself. 

And 9,6M would indeed dethrone Titanic. Its ATP might drop a little but 9,5M should be enough I guess.

you are right about Rogue One...I got confused with some other movie numbers.

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

ATOW prove a lot of Europe markets still have it and are able to generate big sized gross but they just don't want the stuff that have been throwing at their face in the past decade. 

Thats one point i have been arguing for for a long time as well. One part (of many) reasons why the german box office numbers decreased in the 2010s i believe is that the Superhero genre never really took off here. Sure, it has a fanbase in Germany and some Superhero movies like Endgame grossed a lot, but compared to markets like the US, South Korea or Latin American markets, the genre is just not that popular here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Thats one point i have been arguing for for a long time as well. One part (of many) reasons why the german box office numbers decreased in the 2010s i believe is that the Superhero genre never really took off here. Sure, it has a fanbase in Germany and some Superhero movies like Endgame grossed a lot, but compared to markets like the US, South Korea or Latin American markets, the genre is just not that popular here.

If the studios ever manage to create a successful shared universe franchise in a fantasy setting, then perhaps we could see the true potential of Europe. The early 2000s were afterall absolutely crazy between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It however seems like most studios prefer the series format for those types of big fantasy (most notably Game of Thrones).

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, Brainbug said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Ich muss etwas sagen, oder? wie es keine Möglichkeit gibt, sollte ich nicht. es ist ein Muss.

2 minutes ago, Agafin said:

If the studios ever manage to create a successful shared universe franchise in a fantasy setting, then perhaps we could see the true potential of Europe. The early 2000s were afterall absolutely crazy between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It however seems like most studios prefer the series format for those types of big fantasy (most notably Game of Thrones).

If Hollywood manages to make a new fantasy franchise that really connects with european audiences, then yes, i could see admissions levels potentially getting close to the 2000s' level for these films. But like you said, really well-made fantasy storys can really only be found on TV these days.

Whats also important is that both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit are based on super popular books, so a completely new series of films would rely entirely on its own quality if it wants to succeed. That this is very much possible can be seen with the first 3 POTC movies, which were massive in Europe.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

Ich muss etwas sagen, oder? wie es keine Möglichkeit gibt, sollte ich nicht. es ist ein Muss.

Should i respond to this in german or in english?? Im actually very confused what you mean here 😄

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You don't know German. Such a shame. It obviously says.

"I have to say something, don't I? like there's no way I shouldn't. it is a must."

But you had terrible german sentence structure in the middle sentence. For german speakers, it reads more like:

"I have to say something, don't I? How there is no possibility, i should not. It is a must.

I mean it clears up the moment i saw your english version, but it was confusing haha. The english "like ... [...]" that often begins sentences doesnt have the same meaning in german, its not a 1:1 translation. "Wie" has a different meaning, depending on the context (most of the times, its an interrogative sentence).

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 2