IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Asterix is acceptable as a superhero spoof; the best-selling Asterix film is the animated "Les Douze Travaux d'Astérix" from 1976, 7.2 million admissions in Germany. It was the third Asterix film and ist still the best one imho (animated or real); it also had an original script. No other Asterix film before or after reached such heights.

btw a new Asterix film is opening this fall; it combines the adventures in Britain with the Normans. The 4th reallife-film, and it will be in glorious 3D :mellow: - you would think that with Goscinny's caricaturistic style an animated feature or mo-cap-film like Tintin would be the way to go, especially when they want 3D, but what do I know ...

Rather down ... at my theater, IA4 has more presales than Brave despite Brave playing twice as many shows :wacko: . I guess there are more walk-ins with children but if Brave can't beat IA4 on opening Friday, I can't see it winning the other days. Reviews have been mixed or lukewarm too. Still, it's only my theater, might look better elsewhere.