IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

14 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I hope that's not an April Fool's hoax ... at least somebody seems to care.

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I hope too. If it is: bad taste.

Since the real April Fools joke is/has been the german government itself, i dont think the part involving the cinemas has something to do with it.

Spoiler

:sparta:

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Since the real April Fools joke is/has been the german government itself, i dont think the part involving the cinemas has something to do with it.

Reveal hidden contents

Is Merkel losing her grip now? Is it time for AKK to ascend?

9 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I dont want to turn this into the german politics thread, so lets just say that our government has looked better in the past (although not much better)and leave it at that.

8 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Not sure why a little help for rural cinemas news might cause that question, but in my POV there will never be a time for her to ascend (not saying it wont happen, saying I really do hope it wont happen for reasons).

In my POV ppl who reason, aim for certain changes,... based on faith should not go into politics. A leader should be able to be also a leader for minorities, incl for people not following ~ faith.

23 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Not sure why a little help for rural cinemas news might cause that question, but in my POV there will never be a time for her to ascend (not saying it wont happen, saying I really do hope it wont happen for reasons).

In my POV ppl who reason, aim for certain changes,... based on faith should not go into politics. A leader should be able to be also a leader for minorities, incl for people not following ~ faith.

Are people who do not believe still minorities in Germany? In Belgium I know that a lot of people still get baptist but most of the people I know don't believe in god, almost none go to church. So in Belgium I woud say christian believers are a minority. 

24 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Are people who do not believe still minorities in Germany? In Belgium I know that a lot of people still get baptist but most of the people I know don't believe in god, almost none go to church. So in Belgium I woud say christian believers are a minority. 

The minority I am thinking about has nothing to do with faith per se. But faith loves to take away from them.

In Bavaria, were I live, are municipalities with up to 97% Catholics (was some years back the last time I looked into that)

1st used colour (screen looks strange no idea how to name it, left side) = Catholics, red = Protestants, green = other Christians, lila/violett = other Religions (Jews, Muslims, Buddhists....), turquoise = no religion, orange = didn't answer/didn't say.

Religionszugeh%C3%B6rigkeit.jpg

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

The minority I am thinking about has nothing to do with faith per se. But faith loves to take away from them.

In Bavaria, were I live, are municipalities with up to 97% Catholics (was some years back the last time I looked into that)

1st used colour (screen looks strange no idea how to name it, left side) = Catholics, red = Protestants, green = other Christians, lila/violett = other Religions (Jews, Muslims, Buddhists....), turquoise = no religion, orange = didn't answer/didn't say.

Religionszugeh%C3%B6rigkeit.jpg

Well yeah in my experience faith (atleast big institutions based religions) do limit people in what they can think/do. And lot of minorities are those who are most affected by this. That said I surtainly don't want to say that if 'people are religous that they are somehow less or bad, not at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Well yeah in my experience faith (atleast big institutions based religions) do limit people in what they can think/do. And lot of minorities are those who are most affected by this. That said I surtainly don't want to say that if 'people are religous that they are somehow less or bad, not at all.

No, obvioulsy not bad or whatever in general, just not the best persons to lead the majority if they already stated they want to try to take away from minorities for faith based reasons = not bad, just the wrong person for that position.

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

It was stated that the April Fool's joke "has been the government itself". That's why I asked that question. Just curious why.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

No, obvioulsy not bad or whatever in general, just not the best persons to lead the majority if they already stated they want to try to take away from minorities for faith based reasons = not bad, just the wrong person for that position.

I don't mind relegious people leading aslong as they don't take descisions only based on their religion (not backed by sience or the people + experts etc) . But thats probably where you are at as well I would guess :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UserHN said:

It was stated that the April Fool's joke "has been the government itself". That's why I asked that question. Just curious why.

:slaphead:

I should not post whilst doing (no April's joke) 4 different things at once (and have two active telephones beside me). Trying to organise something, learned something else needs my involvement at an unexpected date, son too needs at the day ... :bash:

plus some work, plus still major software problems caused by the try of the software provider to repair other problems :blink: and...

Its the 2nd time today I missed a joke or... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

admissions count is up, not sure if o.K. to copy the chart, as it seem to be a 'provided by' thing

Admissions #1 is Dumbo, Captain Marvel being #2

moneywise its the other way around

http://www.insidekino.de/DTop10/19/DTop19MAE28.htm

Will CM reach €20m or not ... Shazam vs Endggame push, or....?

Germany's Top20 last weekend:

title

admissions

th.

PTA

total adm.

total €

drop

week

Dumbo

-

Captain Marvel

Us

Die Goldfische

Die Toten Hosen auf Tour

-

Green Book

Asterix et le secret …

The Old Man & The Gun

-

Escape Room

How to Tame Your Dragon 3

Ostwind 4

Free Solo

Rocca verändert die Welt

Misfit

-

MET: Die Walküre

-

Bohemian Rhapsody

Iron Sky 2

Trautmann

Der Junge muss an die frische Luft

Cold Pursuit

What Men Want

Not a good weekend, at all … Dumbo very disappointing, only good opener was the domestic punkrock doc. Among holdovers, Der Junge muss an die frische Luft crossed 3,5mil total, which Bohemian Rhapsody might cross next weekend.

Next weekend: The sequel to Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?, called Qu'est-ce qu'on a encore fait au Bon Dieu?, should win the weekend - the original was a surprise hit and is still well remembered, so even if french numbers indicate that the sequel is not as well received, 200k admissions should be easily possible. A similar number might be possible for Shazam - the comedy angle should please German crowds - still I see the french comedy in lead. Also opening: Pet Sematary, which might fight an uphill battle with other horror releases obviously enjoying good WOM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Not a good weekend, at all

Hmm, I disagree partly:

the holdovers have partly some nice drops, in my POV too good to be considerd not good

The sum is something else, that was horrible in comparison to last year (-43%) in case that was what you meant, then I totally agree.

2 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

The sequel to Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu?, called Qu'est-ce qu'on a encore fait au Bon Dieu?, should win the weekend - the original was a surprise hit and is still well remembered, so even if french numbers indicate that the sequel is not as well received, 200k admissions should be easily possible.

I don't think it's not well recieved as drops are quite well and it got a good multipler. It's probably just that a phenomenon like the first can hardly be  repeated - the movie may be missing a thing that makes it special to get attention :thinking:

However, 200k might be OK even if I hope for more...

• Like 1