IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

Spider-Man: NWH entered the Top 50 German Box-Office at Rank 49.

It is only the second superhero-movie to achieve this in Germany, after Avengers Endgame.

Top 48

Spider-Man is also showing impressive late legs in Germany compared to other SH Movies and even compared to SW:TFA and NTTD.

* Just Spider-Mans Number from WE9. Will increase with Numbers from Mon-Thur.

WEEK         SMNWH AEG AIW SW7 NTTD
7 195.025 67.791 48.338 191.067 221.855
8 145.220 31.076 25.626 125.118 134.896
9          79.406* 20.846 17.244 81.672 64.587
10   18.736 13.355 47.983 42.203
10+   84.511 104.177 144.612

Edited by altglascontainer
is at alltime-rank 49 not 48
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Nah, obviously Endgame. The only WW #1. Late legs are fun when you’re in the late leg period, but they don’t really make that much difference win the end compared to earlier weeks. 

Maybe you misunderstand what I am talking about ,AEG for sure is the biggest Superhero film of all-time,That's not even need to talk about,I am trying to say NWH have a best Superhero Leggy run.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Maybe you misunderstand what I am talking about ,AEG for sure is the biggest Superhero film of all-time,That's not even need to talk about,I am trying to say NWH have a best Superhero Leggy run.

Ahh, leggy is the key word that was missing before 😆  

Then I agree. Several have had more impressive DOM legs, but the late run WW strength i can’t think of anything that matches NWH.

31 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

Then I agree. Several have had more impressive DOM legs, but the late run WW strength i can’t think of anything that matches NWH.

I understood what he meant

33 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

even DOM ,NWH have best Superhero 8th and 9th Weekend gross ,overtake Black Panther.Black Panther have better 4-7th Weekend run..

Edited by Bruce

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NWH late legs means nothing especially in US. There is no competition and you basically have CAN inflated making as much as 20% of the box office instead of 8% as it should.

ON+Q is mucking things up some domestically, but it’s an extraordinarily good 9th wknd OS-C as well. Very high Nth weekend placement in markets all over. Lack of competition helps, so does exiting omicron, but reception also. It definitely means something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Derby Legion said:

ON+Q is mucking things up some domestically, but it’s an extraordinarily good 9th wknd OS-C as well. Very high Nth weekend placement in markets all over. Lack of competition helps, so does exiting omicron, but reception also. It definitely means something.

That's where no competition comes in play.

• Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That's where no competition comes in play.

True, put AEG on Christmas and without competition and we would have had the first movie at +$3B maybe even $3.5B

Put NWH in April and with a lot of competition and we would have had a final run around $1.5B 

2 minutes ago, LPLC said:

True, put AEG on Christmas and without competition and we would have had the first movie at +$3B maybe even $3.5B

Put NWH in April and with a lot of competition and we would have had a final run around $1.5B 

Sure. China would be gaining $150m due to inflation & exchange rate alone

• Like 1

AEG is legendary if it was released in pandemic it would be doing 4B+ and bring about another World Phenomenon and NWH is a film which less people would go and watch in normal times, Covid times are fun peak movie watching time compared to normal times anyway. There is this guy in Mexico who broke his own World Record of watching movie in theatres - He spent a month straight inside Cinema Hall, must have forgotten his home exist.

Also, Not a single movie was released in last three months that had high quality production budget, Good reviews, pre-existing IP or nostalgia factors. They were doomed to die already, just go back to any thread of BOT which predicted MOVIES of 2021, they were crystal clear that only NWH will go on to become megahit. Even the Local movies released in all other Countries were of Shitty quality. 

Though, Main culprit for this atrocity were People of Europe, they went to cinema to watch NWH because it was only movie which ran for 3 months, AH! WAIT my mistake there was another fluke hit called NTTD which made so much money because it too had no competition either. 

I do blame MCU though, it had cheapened out in 2021, it made movies that were about Flop characters, consisted of all flop Actors and Directors ~ so, BO served them right. They should have waited till December to release at least one of 'em. And Again, these MCU folks didn't learn anything from NWH's success. They should release MoM or THOR in December, Avatar 2 is already a phenomenal movie, it doesn't need December release date anyway.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Shanks said:

AEG is legendary if it was released in pandemic it would be doing 4B+ and bring about another World Phenomenon and NWH is a film which less people would go and watch in normal times, Covid times are fun peak movie watching time compared to normal times anyway. There is this guy in Mexico who broke his own World Record of watching movie in theatres - He spent a month straight inside Cinema Hall, must have forgotten his home exist.

Also, Not a single movie was released in last three months that had high quality production budget, Good reviews, pre-existing IP or nostalgia factors. They were doomed to die already, just go back to any thread of BOT which predicted MOVIES of 2021, they were crystal clear that only NWH will go on to become megahit. Even the Local movies released in all other Countries were of Shitty quality. 

Though, Main culprit for this atrocity were People of Europe, they went to cinema to watch NWH because it was only movie which ran for 3 months, AH! WAIT my mistake there was another fluke hit called NTTD which made so much money because it too had no competition either. 

I do blame MCU though, it had cheapened out in 2021, it made movies that were about Flop characters, consisted of all flop Actors and Directors ~ so, BO served them right. They should have waited till December to release at least one of 'em. And Again, these MCU folks didn't learn anything from NWH's success. They should release MoM or THOR in December, Avatar 2 is already a phenomenal movie, it doesn't need December release date anyway.

No way for AEG doing 4B in Pandemic.That's Totally nonsense

All film box office down a huge level in Pandemic era,How could people even think Pandemic help a movie gross more?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

All film box office down a huge level in Pandemic era,How could people even think Pandemic help a movie gross more?

simple by clearing out competition. Demon Slayer wouldn't nearly be as big as it was in Japan if not for CoVID. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

simple by clearing out competition. Demon Slayer wouldn't nearly be as big as it was in Japan if not for CoVID. 

Altough we have to differentiate between different phases of the pandemic and that it was/is more severe in some countrys compared to others. Using the example of No Way Home, it coming out during this winter was far more benefitial for it than lets say the winter of 2020/21 where we had no vaccines and more restrictions.

• Like 3

The presales for Uncharted in my theater, Mathäser, at least look way better than those of Moonfall and Death on the Nile last week.

Mark_G from insidekino.de expects more than 300k admissions over the weekend (previews included) for Uncharted.

The Saturday is predicted to become pretty sunny but that's the only day (at the moment). Should also help the holdovers.

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

Sure lack of competition helps but NWH wouldn't be having these late legs if the reception wasn't stellar. 

Yeah sure but some think that NWH has better reception than EG and IW giving it longer legs, that need to be addressed.

For years, I wanted to have a MCU film on XMAS, now that we have one, makes me bit more wishful on what if Endgame had this. :apocalypse: