IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Dune first 2024 blockbuster (3mil admissions)

13 hours ago, IndustriousAngel said:

Presales didn't really pick up for InfinityWar midnight shows ... obviously the real fans bought their tickets a week in advance but that's it.

Basically every country is like biggest OD or something like that and then comes Germany:lol:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What's the highest grossing superhero movie in Germany?

In Admissions:

Men in Black:hahaha: that one had 7,438,772, but I doubt that counts

so it's

Spider-Man 1: 5,186,528

(MiB II: 5,147,759)

Superman (the one from 1978 came out in 1979 in Germany) 4,153,000

Spider-Man 2: 3,291,034

TDKR: 3,253,371

Spider-Man 3: 3,204,588

That are the only one over 3 Min admissions

the next would be:

TDK: 2,808,380

Deadpool: 2,711,055

Guardians Vol. 2: 2,515,251

Age of Ultron: 2,422,568

Edited by Taruseth

GOTG2 OD was 120k before opening with 750k.

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2982&start=25

Avengers1 and 2 opened with 100k and 135k (OW were 560k and 710k).

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2039&start=75

An OD of 150k+ would be OK to me, 175k+ would be great!

I can't await Germanys hopefully relatively good numbers!

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

http://www.insidekino.de/DProg/ProgAPR262018.htm

Am I right in reading that they predict 1m for AIW this weekend and 3m total?

@IndustriousAngel

Not IndustriousAngel but yes, you`re right. That`s the guess of Mark_G, the founder of insidekino.de who is normally a pretty good guru.
The Drebins (Co-founders or admins, I don`t know exactly) see 0.9 and 3.4M total (right side).
The forum members are a bit more pessimistic with close to 900k admissions OW and 2.85M total.

Hope we get some estimates in around 2 hours.

Edited by el sid

1 minute ago, el sid said:

Not IndustriousAngel but yes, you`re right. That`s the guess of Mark_G, the founder of insidekino.de who is normally a pretty good guru.
The Drebins (Co-founders or admins, I don`t know exactly) see 0.9 and 3.4M total (right side).

Hope we get some estimates in around 2 hours.

Excellent thank you :) 

Do you know where I can find the updates when they become available? I know people on here post "trends" but where do they come from?

17 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Excellent thank you :) 

Do you know where I can find the updates when they become available? I know people on here post "trends" but where do they come from?

The real trends are on the front page under "News". You just click on the underlined News and then you can see all trends or actual admission numbers from Germany and several foreign countries. You can click on the first News you see, also that from past days, it`s always with all updates. The language is German but numbers are numbers ;). But there won`t be a first trend for A:IW before Friday morning (European time).
For estimates you have to click on Forum (top right) and then Germany, D-17/18 and there are svenchens estimates and the South-West-reports and so on which is a bit more difficult to read.

Edited by el sid

No Thursday estimates available just today, I`m sorry :(. But the other Thursday reports look good: One member reported a plus of 48% (Wednesday and Thursday combined) in his theaters compared to part II which had 709.614 admissions OW. Avengers had 100k admissions OD, Avengers: Age of Ultron 135k.
The South-West-reports showed 4.753 admissions in selected cinemas and everything over 3k is really good. I try to find the numbers of the other Avengers for comparison...Edit: So, Avengers: Age of Ultron had 3.699 admissions, that`s a plus of 28%. PotC 5 had 3.991 with an OD of 200k admissions.
Judging from „my“ theater, mathäser, I would also go with 1M+ starting from today (for the evening shows the biggest cinema hall was almost sold out and two other bigger halls were more than half full and it had 23(!) showtimes today). But better don`t think now that 1M OW is locked although it looks good. Because another big factor here is the weather as you know. Today it was grey here in Bavaria but the weekend is predicted to become quite sunny which is definitely a problem. But of course as mentioned before the bridge day Monday will have a positive influence on the OW. And Tuesday is a legal holiday in every state.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Aristis said:

GOTG2 OD was 120k before opening with 750k.

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2982&start=25

Avengers1 and 2 opened with 100k and 135k (OW were 560k and 710k).

http://www.forum.insidekino.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2039&start=75

An OD of 150k+ would be OK to me, 175k+ would be great!

I can't await Germanys hopefully relatively good numbers!

OD will exceed 200k admits and over lc2.6m

Edited by Rthanos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5