Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

2017 TOP MOVIES IN ADMISSIONS (AS OF JANUARY 2018)

1. Despicable me 3 = 8.970.000

2. Justice League = 8,632,000

3. The Fate of the Furious = 8.505.038

4. Beauty and the Beast = 8.289.228

5. Wonder Woman = 7.038.639

6. Spider-Man Homecoming = 6.685.000

7. Wonder = 6,591,000

8. Logan = 6.434.801

9. Thor Ragnarok = 6,371,000

10. Moana= 5,129,602

11. The Shack= 5,117,000

12. Fifty Shades Darker= 4.609.994

13. IT = 4,439,000

14. Guardians of the Galaxy 2= 4.181.125

15. Pirates of the Caribbean 5 = 3,654,000

16. Star Wars The Last Jedi = 3,519,000

Can we say that IW is over 10M admissions already? :ohmyzod:

Looks like it has a shot to break the 15M mark too, although it will be hard... but not impossible I guess. :ph34r:

By the way, do you have a list with the top movies in admissions of all time? 

Edited by Humbgul
  • Astonished 2

It seems some people were fighting during a screening ( Infinity War ) here in Brazil. The confusion happened during the ending credits...

The video is short, but most of the sites are saying that a couple complained about other people talking too much during the screening. As a result, people threw popcorn and soda against the couple and then the confusion started.

That's a shame. I totally understand why many people avoid going to the cinema as soon as a film gets released.

Fortunately nobody got injured. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Humbgul said:

Can we say that IW is over 10M admissions already? :ohmyzod:

Looks like it has a shot to break the 15M mark too, although it will be hard... but not impossible I guess. :ph34r:

By the way, do you have a list with the top movies in admissions of all time? 

Yes, there's a list. I'll post it later this day when I have more time :)

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Just saw the adm numbers for IW. Couldn’t believe my eyes, and I still can’t.

OW equivalent of a 400m US OW and second weekend just slightly bellow the previous record holder. It’s already at 9m adm which is unbelievable for a movie still making 2.6m weekend.

This is far and beyond the US performance. I would compare to a movie reaching Avatar numbers in its second weekend, when that movie was still the DOM king (before TFA), and on a trajectory to nearly double Avatar’s DOM record.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

It won’t beat Titanic tho, which is around 17m admissions. Jaws is at 14m I think. But these were in a completely different time, way more so than say 90s US vs 2018 US, there’s no point in comparing them. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. Just saw the adm numbers for IW. Couldn’t believe my eyes, and I still can’t.

OW equivalent of a 400m US OW and second weekend just slightly bellow the previous record holder. It’s already at 9m adm which is unbelievable for a movie still making 2.6m weekend.

This is far and beyond the US performance. I would compare to a movie reaching Avatar numbers in its second weekend, when that movie was still the DOM king, and on a trajectory to nearly double Avatar’s DOM record.

In other words, Goffe's nightmare scenario :ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Goffe said:

nothing makes any sense anymore.

i remember when decent movies used to kill it. good times.

Now great movies are killing it! Awesome times! :ohmygod:

PS: I'm brazilian and everyone I know is loving the movie, including my family (and they're just casual fans).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Whether IW is a good movie or not is subjective, but the epic scale of this movie is what really draws in audiences and is leaving them rather impressed with this film as a filmgoing experience :)@Goffe

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

From the first page

BRAZIL - TOP 15 IN ADMISSIONS

Titanic : 17.7m

Jaws : 13m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 11.26m

Tropa de Elite 2 : 11.20m

The Avengers : 10.97m

Dona Flor e Seus Dios Maridos : 10.7m

The Towering Inferno : 10.38m

The Avengers 2 : 10.12m

Ghost : 10m

Fast&Furious 7 : 9.84m

CA: Civil War : 9.597m

Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt2 : 9.596m

E.T the Extraterrestrial : 9.4m

Ice Age 3 : 9.29m

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

From the first page

BRAZIL - TOP 15 IN ADMISSIONS

Titanic : 17.7m

Jaws : 13m

Os Dez Mandamentos : 11.26m

Tropa de Elite 2 : 11.20m

The Avengers : 10.97m

Dona Flor e Seus Dios Maridos : 10.7m

The Towering Inferno : 10.38m

The Avengers 2 : 10.12m

Ghost : 10m

Fast&Furious 7 : 9.84m

CA: Civil War : 9.597m

Twilight Breaking Dawn Pt2 : 9.596m

E.T the Extraterrestrial : 9.4m

Ice Age 3 : 9.29m

IW has a shot at the second position, Jaws held this title for 2 decades and held its top position for decades before that.

• Like 2

The difference between Mexico and Brazil is getting smaller everyday, I think we're going to pass them and become the #4 biggest international market for the movie (after China, SK, UK) soon. 

It's a shame that the exchange rate is so awful though, we could be fighting SK or UK for the #3 spot maybe. If we were in 2012 (when the exchange rate was U$1 = R$1,88) the IW total would be close to U$90M already. 

Of course the exchange rate of SK/UK and Mexico could be way better too, especially before the Brexit for UK. So it's hard to say which spot we would be at, but for sure it would be a number way more impressive than now (which already is VERY impressive by itself!).

Edited by Humbgul
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

So how is the week looking? Wed $1.43m  Thu $1.35m and a weekend around $7.8m. That would make for a total of $58m after this weekend.

Than we have dailies from $1.2m Monday, $1.1m Tuesday, $1m Wednesday and than a $0.5m Thursday? And about a 3m weekend. That would be $64.8m.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humbgul said:

1.5M Tuesday

That's an excellent number for a second Tuesday :o

1 hour ago, Humbgul said:

The difference between Mexico and Brazil is getting smaller everyday, I think we're going to pass them and become the #4 biggest international market for the movie (after China, SK, UK) soon. 

It's a shame that the exchange rate is so awful though, we could be fighting SK or UK for the #3 spot maybe. If we were in 2012 (when the exchange rate was U$1 = R$1,88) the IW total would be close to U$90M already. 

Of course the exchange rate of SK/UK and Mexico could be way better too, especially before the Brexit for UK. So it's hard to say which spot we would be at, but for sure it would be a number way more impressive than now (which already is VERY impressive by itself!).

Yeah, I was skeptical about Brazil catching up to Mexico but it's happening, it has much better legs in Brazil.

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

1.5M Tuesday is great, we had 1.9m last Thursday. So down about 20% from LW Thursday. 

Yep :)

• Like 1