Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'll be watching this ONE ( pun intended ) next week.  I'm curious about it, but not exactly excited.

I know what to expect, regarding its plot and story, which is exactly why I'm not rushing it to watch it. I know many people that are thinking the same.  Episode VIII will be a monster hit, though.

I feel the same, I'll watch R1 but I'll take my time.

As for Star Wars 8 it will be much bigger than R1, obviously :)

• Like 1

Okay I give up...I've searched through the English language and Portuguese language internet to find Rogue One numbers for Brazil but I got nothing, no OD numbers :lol:

They really need to step up their infrastructures in Brazil because getting numbers is not easy, when other coujntries allow us to see daily numbers :redcapes:

44 minutes ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

looking about 1/2 of TFA, WE should be around lc 17m, admits 920

RTH, Our Savior! :worthy:

Thanks :) So apparently Brazil won't challenge the global trend :P  However in USD that could be slightly better than -50%, that would be in the higher end of global trends, not bad!

Edited by Fullbuster

balancing out the % up and down = yes

the amount = no

sw 7 Brazil acc BOM                               OW                        final

Brazil                   Disney  12/17/15    $8,161,556  29.3%  $27,811,701  7/20/16

sw 7 UK acc BOM

United Kingdom  Disney  12/17/15  $50,686,789  31%   $163,599,922   9/4/16

25 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

the amount = no

Yeah, sadly Brazil is not as big a market as the UK...It would be closer if the exchange rate was like 2012's, now the ER is really a disaster so in USD Brazil looks like a smaller market than it actually is :( With 2012's ER Civil War would be around $70m instead of $40m!!!

On the long run it's promising though thanks to its population (210 million inhabitants) and its relative youth.

In local currency Brazil is performing really well, so it just needs to improve its ER to impress BO followers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I know. I was just pulling FB's legs :P

I thought so, but we have so many new members (and I think a really lot of additional guests) for probably obvious reasons = to add to give a more complex picture, not maaaayyybbeeeee twisted or incomplete or... (generally speaking, in the complete BOT forum)

I try to be of service, that's all ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

the amount = no

taking SW7 from UK as $163m is not a fair, if you clicked into the weekend box office display, the figure accumulated  should stand at $180m, as SW7 make some sort of re-issue on sept, BOM was just conveniently took all of the previous figure against the ex.rate that time.

I dont think disney will "accept" that discounted total figure, and the BOM had shown fluctuating accumulated total....is doesn't make too much sense....

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

taking SW7 from UK as $163m is not a fair, if you clicked into the weekend box office display, the figure accumulated  should stand at $180m, as SW7 make some sort of re-issue on sept, BOM was just conveniently took all of the previous figure against the ex.rate that time.

I dont think disney will "accept" that discounted total figure, and the BOM had shown fluctuating accumulated total....is doesn't make too much sense....

Now that you point that out, I remember, Heretic told me that.

= it eas about the percentage alone will not counterbalance:

Brazil (the small earner) has an exchange rate change that helps the final US$ presentation, UK, the big earner lost ~ the same %

= only on fast glance it might look like balance, but is is not. :sadno: