Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Poor mortals who might try buying a ticket for Infinity War today...

They might hear the soundtrack from Mission impossible right now! XD

I'm pretty sure the final numbers for the opening weekend will be bigger than the reported. I've seen lots and lots and lots of sellouts here. Screenings are simply disappearing fast due the huge demand. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

7 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I watched it again and it was so much better in 2D. Just avoid the 3D like the plague.

My experience was completely different and everything was crispy and clear in 2D. Theaters were insanely full yesterday! I'll watch this movie again next weekend and then I'll wait for the dvd.

Every single showing in my city was for 3D, would you believe that? Only the extra showings added cause of demand were 2D but I had already bought my tickets by then...

59 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Poor mortals who might try buying a ticket for Infinity War today...

They might hear the soundtrack from Mission impossible right now! XD

I'm pretty sure the final numbers for the opening weekend will be bigger than the reported. I've seen lots and lots and lots of sellouts here. Screenings are simply disappearing fast due the huge demand. 

Something that i haven't really seen brought up here is that all kids are free until Wednesday in Brazil. I wonder if it influenced the OW at all.

It also means Monday's and Tuesday's numbers will be insane as well!

Fun to see Jl beat the record and soon after IW beat it too. Both companies do great here.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Every single showing in my city was for 3D, would you believe that? Only the extra showings added cause of demand were 2D but I had already bought my tickets by then...

Something that i haven't really seen brought up here is that all kids are free until Wednesday in Brazil. I wonder if it influenced the OW at all.

It also means Monday's and Tuesday's numbers will be insane as well!

Fun to see Jl beat the record and soon after IW beat it too. Both companies do great here.

I believe you. The theaters are really forcing 3D on us. I didn't get a single 2D screening until they finally started putting some.

I had to go far in order to get a 2D version, but it was totally worth. 

Yep, the holiday ( on tuesday ) is probably already helping this movie. I'm seeing sellouts for tomorrow and even May 1st. JL and IW managed to beat a record and hopefully many others will do it. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I believe you. The theaters are really forcing 3D on us. I didn't get a single 2D screening until they finally started putting some.

I had to go far in order to get a 2D version, but it was totally worth. 

Yep, the holiday ( on tuesday ) is probably already helping this movie. I'm seeing sellouts for tomorrow and even May 1st. JL and IW managed to beat a record and hopefully many others will do it. :)

Here in France things have changed, 2D is more prominent than 3D now because people are tired of it..I never liked 3D movies..apart from Avatar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Humbgul said:

Well, the same legs as Age of Ultron (4x) would put IW at around U$75M.

It "only" needs 3.4x to reach The Avengers U$63M, even Thor: Ragnarok did 3.75x. Of course I know the bigger the OW the hardest it is to have good legs, but it's not VERY unlikely to happen, just unlikely for now... IMO :ph34r:

EDIT: JL reached over 4x too.

Indeed, it's a possibility.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rthanos said:

reported most likely  coming in higher, 

Not a surprise. Considering it's selling like crazy ( there are screenings already full for tomorrow ), the number will probably increase.

I went to the restaurant and even the waiter was talking about Infinity War. That's absolutely crazy. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

The Top 5 roster of offshore openers did not change order from Sunday, although there were some slight shifts. The UK came in at $41.4M, $800K off the estimate, while Korea was on par at $39.2M (the local estimate puts it at $43M+ through Monday). Mexico rose from its initially lofty heights to a greater $25.4M; Australia and Brazil also jumped a touch, to $23.2M and $19.1M, respectively.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

53 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The Top 5 roster of offshore openers did not change order from Sunday, although there were some slight shifts. The UK came in at $41.4M, $800K off the estimate, while Korea was on par at $39.2M (the local estimate puts it at $43M+ through Monday). Mexico rose from its initially lofty heights to a greater $25.4M; Australia and Brazil also jumped a touch, to $23.2M and $19.1M, respectively.

James-Looks-Incredibly-Excited-With-Big-

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Not a surprise. Considering it's selling like crazy ( there are screenings already full for tomorrow ), the number will probably increase.

I went to the restaurant and even the waiter was talking about Infinity War. That's absolutely crazy. ;)

Indeed, I want to watch IW on the Imax screen here in São Paulo and it literally was 100% sold out for saturday and  yesterday. It's VERY, very full today and tomorrow (because of the holiday) so all the seats left are the bad ones. I'll try to watch it next weekend then, I'm just waiting for the sales to start (probably on wednesday). I'll need to be very fast if I want to get a good seat though. :ph34r:

I've never seen anything like that. I didn't even know it was possible...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

Indeed, I want to watch IW on the Imax screen here in São Paulo and it literally was 100% sold out for saturday and  yesterday. It's VERY, very full today and tomorrow (because of the holiday) so all the seats left are the bad ones. I'll try to watch it next weekend then, I'm just waiting for the sales to start (probably on wednesday). I'll need to be very fast if I want to get a good seat though. :ph34r:

I've never seen anything like that. I didn't even know it was possible...

Exactly! The last time I had problems to buy a ticket, was during Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring release. Since that, I haven't seen anything like what's happening to Infinity War.

Here in Rio de Janeiro, there are lots of Deadpool screenings selling fast ( even faster than Infinity War ), so that's a good thing. I'll probably buy a ticket soon. I'll also watch Infinity War for the third time, but unfortunately not tomorrow. :)

• Like 3