Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Kongzilla repeats on top, Civil War and Abigail underperform

3 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Don’t worry Avengers & F4 v X-Men will be released in April 2025

Won’t match this level of PS impressiveness though. Gotta wait until Russos return for 2 part Secret Wars in 2028/2029.

18 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That's gonna be case, almost everywhere, except US and few more countries. India gonna be 1.5x CM total.

China would be around 1.6x.

But in Mexico this would be a lot more impressive since if EG goes for 650m lc or maybe even 700m lc that would be an OW bigger than the nr 13 (countring CM) / nr 11/10th respectively.  I know mexico is still a growing market but to but that next to the domistic OW it would have to be $450m - $530m and thats insane to think about. 

Same in India (if you count all sorts of movies not just holywood but thats what top 10 all time means 😛 ) and same for china 2.2B - 2.4B OW in yuan ofc. So honestly the OW will be supersane.

• Like 1

https://expansion.mx/tendencias/2019/04/05/avengers-endgame-rompe-record-preventa-trono-a-infinity-war

No hay precedentes en México de este dato: más de 85,000 personas tratando de adquirir boletos al mismo tiempo. El fenómeno que más se le aproxima es el que se vivió en la preventa de Infinity War, la película anterior de Marvel previa a Endgame, donde en los picos más altos de compra se registraron 20,000 solicitudes.

Cinemex sold about 450,000 tickets for Endgame in just the first 12 hours os sales. Over 85,000 people went to Cinemex app and website to get tickets last Tuesday at midnight, to compare, for Infinity War the peak was of 20,000 people.

By Thursday noon, the chain has sold over 600,000 tickets. 

If I'm not mistaken, this surpassed total presales of TFA, BVS and AOU within 12 hours.

• Astonished 5
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

https://expansion.mx/tendencias/2019/04/05/avengers-endgame-rompe-record-preventa-trono-a-infinity-war

Cinemex sold about 450,000 tickets for Endgame in just the first 12 hours os sales. Over 85,000 people went to Cinemex app and website to get tickets last Tuesday at midnight, to compare, for Infinity War the peak was of 20,000 people.

By Thursday noon, the chain has sold over 600,000 tickets. 

If I'm not mistaken, this surpassed total presales of TFA, BVS and AOU within 12 hours.

Like I said, Endgame OW > Captain Marvel total 👀👀

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

@Carlangonz might be able to answer that.

National average is $50 lc

For big releases is $56-$60

For Captain Marvel was $62

Something I've forgotten to add is that all chains increased their prices for Endgame about 5%-10% (Although I don't know if it's only for PS or the complete run). So I'm expecting average for Endgame to be $64-$68 lc ($3.3-$3.5 USD). For Infinity War was $56 lc ($3 USD)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlangonz said:

Something I've forgotten to add is that all chains increased their prices for Endgame about 5%-10%

:hahaha:

I mean, if you think you’ll sell out either way, seems a pretty good idea.

37 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I think Black Panther total is the floor. Currently I'm seeing $580M lc ($29M) as the ceiling but we're still three weeks far from it.

What did IW open to?, it should atleast do 20% more right ?(on ow)

Edited by pepsa

11 minutes ago, pepsa said:

What did IW open to?, it should atleast do 20% more right ?(on ow)

$463.3M lc. A 20% increase would be $555M ($28.5M) which is not a crazy prediction. I see $530M-$560M and think could go higher but Sunday is a wildcard. 

• Like 2

From BoxOffice.com:

Shazam! opened to an excellent 30.1M lc ($1.6M) on 2,829 screens with a nearly 50% share of the Top 5 films.  These opening day results are ahead of Guardians of the Galaxy by +22%, Ant-Man by +21% and Captain America: First Avengerby +13%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1