Eric is Quiet

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

@Blankments

8x:

Lightyear (West Side Story, Spider-Man: No Way Home, The Matrix: Resurrections, Death on the Nile, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick)

7x:

Nope (X, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman, Men, Top Gun: Maverick, The Black Phone, Jurassic World: Dominion)

5x:

Elvis (The Northman, Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, Petite Maman, Top Gun: Maverick, Crimes of the Future)

4x:

Bullet Train (The Northman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Jurassic World: Dominion)

Thor: Love and Thunder (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick, Lightyear, Jurassic World: Dominion)

3x:

Don't Worry Darling (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Men, The Black Phone)

Jurassic World: Dominion (The Northman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Top Gun: Maverick)

The Menu (Men, Crimes of the Future, The Black Phone)

2x:

Avatar: The Way of Water (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Jurassic World: Dominion)

Bodies Bodies Bodies (Men, The Black Phone)

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (Petite Maman, Lightyear)

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank (Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Top Gun: Maverick)

1x:

Barbarian (The Black Phone)

Beba (Official Competition)

Both Sides of the Blade (Lost Highway)

DC League of Super Pets (Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore)

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero (Jurassic World: Dominion)

Fire of Love (Lightyear)

Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song (Lost Highway)

In Front of Your Face (Official Competition)

Minions: The Rise of Gru (Lightyear)

Moonage Daydream (Crimes of the Future)

Smile (Top Gun: Maverick)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

Strange World (Lightyear)

Three Colours Remaster (Lost Highway)

Vengeance (Crimes of the Future)

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

I think Barbie is gonna be very big and outgross Oppenheimer as it stands. Like 50-60m OW won’t surprise me. My history with Nolan is known. Even before Barbie I thought it should move. Today just reinforces it

Big difference between $60m ow and $120m ow of course.

Deadline's Top 10

1.) Minions: Rise of Gru (Uni) 4,391 theaters, Fri $48.1M, 3-day $109.5M, 4-day $129.2M/Wk 1
Minions: Rise of Gru‘s Friday is also the best ever for an Illumination-Universal movie, beating Minions’ first Friday (and previews) of $46M.

2.) Top Gun: Maverick (Par) 3,843 (-105) theaters, Fri $7.1M (-14%),  3-day $26.8M (-9%), 4-day $34.3M, Total $572.7M/Wk 6

3.) Elvis (WB) 3,932 (+26) theaters, Fri $5.3M (-58%), 3-day $20.3M (-35%) 4-day $25M, Total $73.3M/Wk 2

4.) Jurassic World Dominion (Uni) 3,801 (-432) theaters, Fri $4.5M (-40%), 3-day $16.1M (-39%), 4-day $19.9M, Total $336M/Wk 4

5.) The Black Phone (Uni) 3,156 (+6) theaters, Fri $3.9M (-62%), 3-day $11.9M (-50%), 4-day $14.1M,/Total $49.3M: Wk 2

6.) Lightyear (Dis) 3,800 (-455) theaters, Fri $2M (-63%)/3-day $6.4M (-65%), 4-day $7.9M, Total $106.7M/Wk 3

7.) Mr. Malcolm’s List (BST) 1,384 theaters, Fri $309K, 3-day $901K, 4-day $1.06M/Wk 1

8.) Everything, Everywhere All at Once (A24) 607 (+83) theaters, Fri $141K (-2%), 3-day $507,6K (-4%), 4-day $630K, Total $67M/Wk 15

9.) Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Dis) 590 (-1,265) theaters, Fri $108k (-80%), 3-day $361,6K (-79%), 4-day $449K, Total $410.6M/Wk 9

10.) Jug Jugg Jeeyo (Moviegoer) 318 theaters, Fri $98,6K (-58%), 3-day $333K (-54%), 4-day $409K, Total: $1.5M/Wk 2

11.) Marcel the Shell With Shoes On (A24) 22 theaters (+16), Fri $87K (+6%), 3-day $253K (+59%), 4-day $310K, Total $533K/Wk 2

The A24 quirky live-action animated hybrid which has a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score pushed its way into nine markets. Two new theaters were solid, I hear, the Alamo South Lamar in Austin and Alamo New Mission in San Francisco.

As an aside, I really hope people here check out Mr. Malcolm's List, because it's very nice and delightful. If you're a Bridgerton fan, you'll really enjoy this.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

nah, Oppenheimer will make over $60 million dom. 👀

Barbie gunning for that 110m OW. The hype is already substantial and I really feel it will take off. Just a crossover hit of different audiences and demographics.

By the way, I'm excited for Oppenheimer more than any Nolan flick since TDKR. Fascinated by the history, the cast, and to see how he pulls it off. Hoping he gets back to mid-level, tightly wound filmmaking like Prestige. All that said.....I cannot possibly imagine that particular movie capturing the zeitgeist against Barbie, a movie almost perfectly designed to capture the zeitgeist.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Barbie gunning for that 110m OW. The hype is already substantial and I really feel it will take off. Just a crossover hit of different audiences and demographics.

By the way, I'm excited for Oppenheimer more than any Nolan flick since TDKR. Fascinated by the history, the cast, and to see how he pulls it off. Hoping he gets back to mid-level, tightly wound filmmaking like Prestige. All that said.....I cannot possibly imagine that particular movie capturing the zeitgeist against Barbie, a movie almost perfectly designed to capture the zeitgeist.

How do you know it's going to capture the zeitgeist? All we know is that filmmakers that have made good movies before are doing it, it looks goofy, and they're supposedly trying to subvert expecations.

spoiler:

Spoiler

also they're ripping off the Lego Movie by having Will Ferrell in a CEO role.

I'm not sure about the Little Mermaid success.

I like more when the live actions are kind different from the original but clearly for the GA is not. So if as the rumours said it's this "carabbean version" is gonna make around Cinderella numbers for me. 

Edited by vale9001

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How do you know it's going to capture the zeitgeist? All we know is that filmmakers that have made good movies before are doing it, it looks goofy, and they're supposedly trying to subvert expecations.

spoiler:

Hide contents

How do you know it won't?  

Spoiler Alert: it already has.  

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I'm not sure about the Little Mermaid success.

I like more when the live actions are kind different from the original but clearly for the GA is not. So if as the rumours said it's this "carabbean version" it's gonna make around Cinderella numbers for me. 

Well given all the other live-action remake slop and the money they made, nothing would be surprising.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

spoiler:

Hide contents

They're not ripping off LEGO Movie lol.

Barbie is Barbie. I can see any kind of movie with Barbie doing good as summer comedy. 

Margot Robbie as Barbie is just the perfect casting. It sell that perfectly. That photo of her as barbie just took millions likes on twitter.

It made people curious. It's clearly gonna be at least big (60-80 M first weekend). I don't know why someone is so rigid when we talk about what seems pretty predictable.

The movie last week was on top 5 on the most researched movie on imdb. This is curiosity about the project, not just liking a meme. That's something only a star wars movie makes with the release of a picture one year before the release.

It's gonna be an easy success. The point is if it's gonna be big, so like in the 150M domestic total o it can make the double and being huge. 

Edited by vale9001

Yeah I don't agree with Barbie capturing the Zeitgeist, you could put Ryan Gosling in a cowboy outfit for a western movie and it would go viral, doesn't necessarily mean it will due crazy BO numbers, I'm sure barbie will do fine but zeitgeist to me is TGM, Titanic, Star Wars, etc, movies with 4 quad appeal and I don't see that with Barbie

• Like 1