Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Nah, could have sworn it was Robert Altman or something.

But at least we know Hayao Miyazaki says Martin Scorsese isn't cinema. 😎

Wish Orson Welles lived longer so he could rip absolutely everyone a new butthole. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i remember joining in feb 09 and there was a thread poll about what was going to win the year WW harry potter 6 or transformers 2 and i was the first person to say avatar. it was like my first post.

That was my poll. I'm a slut for percentages.

59 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at these CGI artists suddenly being "victims" and are so underworked and overpaid.  

Only someone that has never worked an actual shitty job could say something like this.  

CGI artists are notoriously overworked and underpaid.

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nice. That makes 3 of us who are 47. Another one how used to be active in BOM and early BOT days is @Accursed Arachnid!™. He is also 47. 

That said age is just a number. I feel fitter than when I was 27. I keep pushing my kids to stay fit as well. 

BO wise earliest memory was pre internet in 1989 summer. That was nuts with Indy 3, Ghostbusters 2 and of course the biggest kahuna Batman. But I was not that interested in numbers itself until internet era when I used to follow Guru's weekend article religiously. There was also a site upcomingmovies which I used to read for forthcoming movies. Most of the rumors did not pan out like the extended wait for next batman movie or Back to the future 4. 

While I always loved going to the movies growing up I never paid much attention to the box office. It wasn’t until Titanic that I really got into it. 

Loved the good old days of Box office Mojo and Guru

28 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I've seen Martin Scorsese trend on twitter a lot over the past few years and every time its always overly sensitive CBM fans still whining about him.   At this point I feel like the people still mad are like Kevin Smith, 40+ year olds that still dress like they're 12.

I am happy he gave me 3 days of good sleep as that is how many nights it took me to watch irishman 

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

While I always loved going to the movies growing up I never paid much attention to the box office. It wasn’t until Titanic that I really got into it. 

Loved the good old days of Box office Mojo and Guru

I think Titanic was probably a lot of people's "in".

I became interested in movies because I was super into The Lion King. Even though I was a newborn on its initial release.

• Like 1

That's because Star Wars is hugely overrated...ANH is as mediocre as they come and the Ewoks in ROTJ rank about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

And ESB is decent, but the cum floods that are unleashed by some when discussing it is ludicrous.

TPM and AoTC are utter trash (especially the former), but RoTS is very engaging despite some of the dialogue.

The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. 

Fight me, bitches.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

17 hours ago, cannastop said:

I haven't seen these movies but I do doubt the relative quality of Thor 2 is that bad. RT scores just are what they are.

Thor 2 would easily win any poll for the worst MCU movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founder / Operator
3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nice. That makes 3 of us who are 47. Another one how used to be active in BOM and early BOT days is @Accursed Arachnid!™. He is also 47. 

That said age is just a number. I feel fitter than when I was 27. I keep pushing my kids to stay fit as well. 

BO wise earliest memory was pre internet in 1989 summer. That was nuts with Indy 3, Ghostbusters 2 and of course the biggest kahuna Batman. But I was not that interested in numbers itself until internet era when I used to follow Guru's weekend article religiously. There was also a site upcomingmovies which I used to read for forthcoming movies. Most of the rumors did not pan out like the extended wait for next batman movie or Back to the future 4. 

NGL, I never realized the age gap between myself and some other vets here. You're right though, age is just a number. We've all been through the box office wars since Mojo days together.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Martin Scorsese doesn't think Face/Off is cinema either! But do fans of that movie throw a fit?

he’s definitely mentioned admiring the films of John Woo before. also it’s the greatest movie of all time.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

That's because Star Wars is hugely overrated...ANH is as mediocre as they come and the Ewoks in ROTJ rank about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

And ESB is decent, but the cum floods that are unleashed by some when discussing it is ludicrous.

TPM and AoTC are utter trash (especially the former), but RoTS is very engaging despite some of the dialogue.

The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. 

Fight me, bitches.

You are a fan of the less then universally beloved Fantastic Beasts franchise;

People who live in glass houses.....

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I really wonder if these stans who get riled up by Scorsese know anything about George Lucas's circle of friends lol literally every single one of them thought Star Wars was dumb except Spielberg

Stans didn’t start watching movies until 2008 when Iron Man and TDK came out, so I doubt they’re aware 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I really wonder if these stans who get riled up by Scorsese know anything about George Lucas's circle of friends lol literally every single one of them thought Star Wars was dumb except Spielberg

You have to remember that Lucas was coming off of "American Graffiti" and he was considered to be one of the "New Wave" directors of the 1970's, For one of them to make an action movie like Star Wars was considered to be selling out big time.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at these CGI artists suddenly being "victims" and are so underworked and overpaid.  

Only someone that has never worked an actual shitty job could say something like this.  

I don't think the guy who has enough time to frequently come onto this site to brag about how he is always right and whine about mods has any right to say this shit. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2